BRIEF: Athletic recognition to take place on senior nights

As the school year finishes up, coaches and parents would like to recognize all the senior athletes for the spring sports. These athletes have put their own hard work and dedication into sports in order for their team to achieve success, and will each be honored for their accomplishments, May 3, 4, & 7.

The senior nights will take place at their home games, starting with softball and tennis on May 3, baseball on May 4, followed by golf on May 7.

Nicole Hensley, ’12, has been playing on the varsity girls softball team for the last two years and enjoys getting to know her team and being able to participate in a sport she loves.

“I will miss softball next year because this year I got to meet new people as well as playing a game I enjoy,” Hensley said. “One of my favortite memories was striking out three batters in a row at one of our games.”

Senior Ryan Neufeld, an athlete for the baseball team, remembers all the great times he and his team had together over the past years. Looking back he finds it sad that it is almost over but that it has been a great experience.

“I’ve enjoyed playing all four years of baseball in high school and seeing that my friends and I have progressed individually throughout the years,” Neufeld said. “My favorite memory was going 3-0-1 during the Fowler Easter classic, having been down seven points and coming back to win in a game.”

The Spring Sports Award Banquet will take place in the Ground Zero Main, May 14. The first annual spring sports banquet will begin at 4:30 p.m.; this ceremony was created to award and honor athletes participating in baseball, golf, track and field, softball and tennis.

For more news, read the May 1 article, BREIF: Year-end convocation initiates tradition.