Seniors reflect during last chapel

It is traditional for seniors to celebrate their final chapel the week before their senior trip. Therefore, seniors in Adviser David Martens’ Worship Team class performed for the final time, May 10.

At the beginning of chapel, Bible teacher Robert Foshee allowed time for seniors to offer advice to the other students as well as share their experiences throughout their high school experience. The advice ranged from being more active in school to finding one’s self in a sea of people. Afterward every senior in Worship Team gathered onstage to sing their final songs: “Father Will You Come” and “Forever Reign”.

Next week, seniors will no longer be required to come to school unless checking out or taking finals, until their senior trip on May 18.

For senior David Casuga, this was his last time playing the bass as well as various other instruments in Worship Team. As his third year, Casuga thinks of this chapel as another stepping stone towards the final goal: graduation.

“It was kind of exciting because it was the last chapel. I’m not sad because it was ending; to complete each step toward graduation is exciting,” Casuga said. “However, it was sad knowing that this was the last time being in front of everyone, but because it was a good worship time, I was focused on the music.”

Though Casuga was unable to give advice during the sharing time, he also has a few words to say about high school experiences.

“I think the best advice I could give is to be open to opportunities that arrive,” Casuga said. “For example, if someone or a group of friends asks to hangout with you, you should take those opportunities. Memories are made when people get together as easily as that.”

Next week because seniors will no longer be a part of chapel, six graders will be invited to attend. As shared today, senior Dana King used to sneak into chapel once in a while for the sheer experience. As such, six graders will get to quench their curiosity with this visit.

For other articles about seniors, visit
Choral group enhances senior’s singing passion.

For more news, read BRIEF: Senior finals schedule.