Iraq evidence must be shown

While the claims of violation are shouted across continents, many questions arise. The United States government claims that Iraq has not followed the guidelines stated by the United Nations. There is a problem: the information that the U.S. says they have that prove the guilt of Iraq has not even been disclosed, let alone been proven correct.

Even before Iraq’s 12,000-page statement concerning its weapons programs, the United States consistently announced its expectations that Iraq’s information would contradict the “secret information” of American intelligence.

The U.S. still continues claims that Iraq has lied, yet virtually no one knows what information it has. Such information is still in doubt, even by America’s citizens.

In fact, according to a Dec. 17 poll conducted by the Los Angeles Times, 72 percent of the American populace does not believe that the government has proven a need for war.

The claims by the United States concern Iraq’s biological and chemical arsenal. The only revelations by the government are that Iraq’s declaration does not match up to weapons inspections information from 1998, four years ago.

It appears that they may not have more than that. The weapons inspections of recent times have revealed absolutely nothing of consequence. The facilities that either held or made such weaponry in 1998 so far have turned up empty.

Prior to an invasion, President Bush should be called upon to reveal the so-called “incriminating evidence” that he claims the government has in order to prove the “eminent threat” which he says exists.

This information that the U.S. claims to have must be disclosed to the world or it may as well be discounted as conjecture and mere speculation.