BRIEF: Luncheon promotes new student bonding

The New Student Luncheon, put on by student leadership, invites first time students of FC to join them in a time of fellowship, Aug. 23. It will be held during lunch in room 608.

The luncheon will give attendees a chance to meet other students at FC. Student leadership has planned the luncheon and will answer questions that new students might have.

Student leadership member Kevin Thao, ?13, thinks the luncheon is a good way to introduce new students to the school. Thao feels this is a bonding experience for students.

“I think it gives a warm welcoming to the students,” Thao said, “Not only that but they also get to see how the school acts toward new students. I think it?s important because it helps the students bond together and we get to meet new people. Who wouldn?t want to meet new people?”

Bible teacher and student leadership advisor Robert Foshee believes the luncheon will be helpful in providing students with information on upcoming events.

“I think it?s kind of to let them know that we?re excited they?re here and to give them some information about activities and sporting events that are coming up,” Foshee said. “I know when you first get here you might not know all the things that other students who?ve been here for a while know, like how to get places.”

Olivia Zizzo, ?15, attended the New Student Luncheon last year and reflects on her enlightening experience.

“I thought the luncheon was fun,” Zizzo said, “We learned more about each other. I found it helpful because I got to know more of the new students.”

New student Morgan Miller, ?16, shares about her expectations for the luncheon and the warm welcoming she has felt from her fellow FC classmates.

“I think the luncheon will be helpful, because you get to know more people,” Miller said, “Everyone is so nice. It?s already like a family.”

For More Information: Contact Robert Foshee [email protected]

For more information on New Student Luncheons, read the Jan. 18 article, New student luncheon set for Jan. 18 (VIDEO).

For more news articles, read the Aug. 17 article, Students encouraged to participate in fundraiser.