Farmer Boys to run concessions

While parent and student clubs have run Friday night football concessions in the past years, FC is proud to welcome Farmer Boys to run concessions for this year’s football season.

Last year, Mike and Pam Henderson, along with Shelley Freitas, took on the role of running concessions each week. This year, however, the school chose to partner with a restaurant in order to focus on hosting events like football games, according to Athletic Director and head football coach Mick Fuller.

“Having an outside vendor come and do concessions allows us as a school to focus on the aspects of the event that we can manage well and delegate the concessions to someone who can manage that well,” Fuller said. “We are then able to put on a much better event overall and we use our resources and volunteers in the best way possible.”

According to Fuller, the new partnership will allow fans to enjoy football games more and will create a better opportunity to reach out to the community.

“More people will actually be able to enjoy the game and the experience of the event because we have fewer people having to work concessions,” Fuller said. “The more opportunities we have to develop these corporate partnerships, the broader our reach into the community will be.”

Due to the vacancy of a vendor for the concessions, Farmer Boys was a top choice to bring in. The idea to bring in Farmer Boys catering originated with Julie Loughney, mother of Adam Loughney, ’14, who brought them in as vendors for school lunch on Wednesdays. It was after this that Farmer Boys offered to take care of concessions on Friday nights for football.

As a football player, David Tayor, ’14, shares his thoughts on the matter.

“Everybody likes Farmer Boys,” Taylor said. “I think it will help attract a bigger crowd to come out and support us. They can come and have a better time watching their kids play football.”

While people are generally excited about Farmer Boys, some are not as happy.

“I’m not a big fan of Farmer Boys because they throw way too many onions on their burgers and onions are terrible,” Jordan Boudreau, ’13, said. “Plus, the meat they use isn’t that good.”

“The more exposure that we have, the more chance people in the community will have to see what a great school FC is,” Fuller said. “They will get to see what a great product we put out and what a great ministry we provide to this community. These corporate partnerships will in the long run benefit us financially as well.”

For any questions, please contact the office at (559) 299-1695, ext. 125 or email Michelle Regnarus.

For more new articles, read the Aug. 22 article, BRIEF: First 5th Quarter to follow opening football match.