Bimat juggles multiple jobs, energizes leadership class (VIDEO)

After graduating from FC in 2006, attending college to study event planning, working for Focus on the Family, Children?s Hospital Central California and Peoples Church, Kim Bimat has returned to FC to help supply the leadership students with the knowledge that she has acquired through her time away.

Bimat, who is in her last semester at California State University, Fresno, came to FC as a fifth-grader and continued at the school through her senior year of high school. This year, she is looking forward to making a positive influence on some of the leadership students.

“I hope that they just see a personality that is loving of those around them and who loves the Lord,” Bimat said. “But I like to get things done too, and I like to be a hard worker, so I hope that they get a good work ethic. I hope they learn some practical skills that they can take to events here but also in their lives with their daily relationship with Christ.”

Juggling schoolwork, her jobs as wedding coordinator, assistant for the youth ministry at Peoples Church and her job at FC can sometimes seem overwhelming to Bimat. However, with “lots of coffee” and her strong faith in the Lord, Bimat finds the strength and energy to accomplish her work.

“I think that God gives us opportunities and in those, challenges as well,” Bimat said. “I definitely think strength can only come from Him. Ultimately, I balance my jobs through good time management and learning the faults of time management, while also balancing family and time for myself as well.”

Outside of her current jobs at Peoples Church and FC, Bimat spends her free time shopping, cooking and entertaining. She also enjoys spending time with her friends and considers herself a “food network nerd.”

“I have been told my spiritual gift is shopping, so I really enjoy that,” Bimat said. “I like being busy.”

Rees Roggenstein, ?16, a student new to leadership, thinks Bimat will help the leadership program because of her personality.

“I haven?t really gotten to know her yet but she seems likable and straightforward,” Roggenstein said. “She doesn?t seem to shy away from telling students what they need to do and I think that will be good.”

When Bimat attended FC as a student, Bible teacher and leadership advisor Robert Foshee, was Bimat?s soccer coach and civics teacher. Now, Bimat has returned to “team teach” with Foshee in helping the leadership students. Foshee thinks Bimat will serve as a good influence for the leadership students.

“I think she?s a great fit because she?s an alumni and was in leadership when she was here,” Foshee said. “She?s also a strong woman of God and serves the Lord. She?ll be a great example for the girls in class. I think she?ll teach them to do things with a purpose and not just do something for any reason.”

Leadership students like Kristen Rosenthal, ?13, who was also in leadership last year, already thinks highly of Bimat. Rosenthal also shares her excitement for upcoming leadership events this school year.

“I think she?s going to be a big help to our school since she has a lot of experience,” Rosenthal said. “I would describe her as creative and caring. This year will be a big change, bringing back a lot of old traditions and starting a lot of new ones. Hopefully we?ll end it on the best year Fresno Christian has ever had.”

Since her time as a leadership student, there have been few changes to the Leadership program. Bimat notes the similarities and differences between leadership then and now.

“Leadership is pretty similar to when I was there,” Bimat said. “They still do homecoming and NOTS but there?s always fun, new ways to build the community and new people in leadership that will make it different every year.”

For More Information: Contact Robert Foshee or Kim Bimat .

For more features, read the Aug. 27 article, First grade teacher doubles as varsity cheer coach.