Justin Bieber entertains with choreography, lighting

The screams and cries of thousands of girls, and on occasion guys, could only mean one thing: Justin Bieber was in Fresno. Fresno being one of 86 stops on his Believe Tour, Bieber entered the Save Mart Center to amaze the crowd with his melodic sounding voice, smooth dance moves and appealing looks, Oct 5. Bieber’s Believe Tour was in support for his most recent album Believe, which was released June 19.

Cody Simpson and Carly Rae Jepsen opened up the show, with each of them doing a six-song set list. Simpson took the stage first as a surprise guest and wowed the crowd with his gentle voice and electrifying dance moves. He performed an acoustic version of his song Angel, which made my heart, and I’m sure the hearts of many others, melt.

Jepsen followed Simpson’s act, singing a couple of her new songs from her most recent album, Kiss. The performance was good but not particularly memerable. To follow Simpson’s act was hard to do because he serenaded every girl in the arena, leaving them speechless. Although, her very last song, Call Me Maybe, amped up the energy, leaving the crowd on their feet.

The waiting period between Jepsen’s performance and the moment Bieber took the stage lasted too long, leaving me tired. The wait was about 40 minutes, which is a while but also left a sense of excitement in the air. The entire audience was on the edge of their seat awaiting the momentous occasion. A timer counting down from ten minutes was put on the big screen, leaving everyone in suspense.

Finally the moment came for Bieber to take the stage, and the opening started with the silohouette of him on the big screen flying around from screen to screen. Suddenly, the big screen split open and Bieber made his unforgettable entrance flying down on massive metal wings attached to his back.

Bieber opened the show with “All Around The World,” sending a surge of utter excitement through the crowd. When he started singing his first song I could not contain my enthusiasm. He followed this song with another one of his newer songs which flowed very nicely.

Some older songs such as “One Time,” “One Less Lonely Girls,” Never Say Never,” “Eenie Meenie” and “Somebody to Love” were mixed into the playlist, making me feel nostalgic, thinking about my time at his previous concert at his My World Tour. I was thoroughly surprised by the blast from the past but loved every second of it.

One thing I greatly appreciated was the way Bieber thanked his audience numerously throughout the concert. Between some songs, Bieber would take time out of his performance to thank the audience for believing in him. I could tell he truly appreciated his fans and wanted to give us a great show.

The lighting and special effects were incredible. There was never a dull moment during the concert, making every minute full of excitement. Explosions were also set off making the arena sparkle of what seemed to be magic. Videos of Bieber were recorded beforehand and intermixed throughout the show to make for a better experience.

Every song had a choreographed dance to go with it, which the dancers performed wonderfully. Bieber also showed off his many dance skills by moving through the dance numbers fluidly. The dancers performed with such energy which I felt hyped up Bieber even more to give a spectacular show.

Bieber performed his infamous song “As Long As You Love Me” making the arena the loudest I had hear it all night. Everyone was on their feet dancing along with him, hoping that the song would never come to an end. Sadly, it did but with it came the arrival is his song “Believe,” which was written as a thank you to his fans for always believing and supporting him.

After finishing “Believe,” Bieber left the stage making it appear to be the end of the show. Some people started to exit the arena, but I knew it wasn’t the end. In his previous concert, Bieber did the same thing but then came back out for a final song which was his highly acclaimed song,”Baby.”

As some were leaving, Bieber then reentered the stage and began to perform his riveting song “Boyfriend.” The crowd went wild with his reappearance and shrieked for the commencement of this song. At the end, Bieber then asked the audience a question, “Who wants to be my baby?” At the mention of the word ‘baby’ I knew it could only mean one thing: Bieber was about to sing by far his most popular song, “Baby.”

All in all, the show was a work of art. From the lighting to the videos to the dance moves, then to Bieber himself, everything was perfect. He made the fans feel like they were part of the show, leaving me perfectly satisfied with what I had seen. Nothing about his performance could be changed to make it better. I highly recommend buying a ticket to his Believe Tour; you won’t regret it.

The Believe Tour dates for the U.S. are Oct. 20-Nov.21, Nov. 28-29 and Jan. 5-27. Ticket prices can range anywhere from $50 to $1500.

For more reviews, read the Oct. 8 article, ‘Here Comes the Boom’ presents nonchalant humor.