Cross country sport shorts: Clovis Twilight Invitational

The FC cross country team traveled to the Clovis North campus to participate in the Clovis North Twilight Invitational, Oct. 19.

Juniors Daniel Moore and Tyler Laird ran in the junior varsity boys race, a two-mile course around the Clovis North campus. Laird finished sixth with a time of 11:02, and Moore completed the race in 24th, with a time of 11:49.

Moore felt that the race was more competitive and showed a significant boost in his times.

“I felt like I really improved my running speed,” Moore said. “Previously I had been averaging over six minutes per mile but this time I was able to run under a six minute mile average. I felt like it was a lot more competitive than other races.”

Coach Ross Laird thought that the meet went well, largely as a result of the recent training.

“The meet went extremely well,” Laird said. “Tyler and Daniel both ran very well, responding to a new training regimen that was much faster a somewhat shorter. This was their best race so far.”

For more sports shorts, read the Oct. 12 article, Cross Country Sport Shorts: Woodlake Invitational.