BRIEF: Parent Teacher Fellowship to host Fall Family Festival

20161102-fc-picnic-003
[/media-credit] FC will be hosting a picnic for campus families, Oct. 14.

To create a good family environment for FC, a Fall Family Festival will be held on the FCS North Field from 3 p.m.-6 p.m., Oct. 14. Admission for the festival is $5 for a family of four and an extra $2 for additional members.

Tri-tip sandwiches, along with chips, a drink and cotton candy will be offered at no extra cost. A variety of vendors such as Cookie Couture, Kona Ice Truck and Jamba Juice will be selling their products at the event. Other activities at the occasion include face painting and bounce houses.

Tickets can be purchased before hand in any other the FCS offices or at the Fall Family Festival.

During the event, a flag football game will commence among the grades. The eighth graders will play the seventh graders, while the seniors and sophomores will go against the juniors and freshmen. Sign-ups for the game will be available in front of the high school office.

Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) member Ashley Beal, mother of Kaelene Presson, ’12, is organizing the Fall Festival and is very enthusiastic about the flag football games that are going to commence.

“I really wanted to get more junior high and high school involvement,” Beal said. “Last year, the event may have been geared towards the younger kids but this year we want to make if fun for all age groups and all families. I think the flag football game is a good way to encourage the older students to come to the event.”

Principal Todd Bennett looks forward to this festival, hoping it will unify the student body even more.

20161102-fc-picnic-002
[/media-credit] FC spirit wear will be available for purchase.

“I’m looking forward to this year’s festival, as I do every year,” Bennett said. “I think events like this are a perfect way to remind the FC family of our theme for the year, ‘We Are One: Standing Firm.’ I always have a lot of fun at this event and I know I’ll have a great time this year.”

Beal remains hopeful for the event, expecting a good turnout. Last year the occasion received around 400 attendees and the goal this year is to raise that number and more.

“Last year there was about 400 people at the event,” Beal said. “We hope that the number at least stays the same but we’d really like to see the attendance increase. I think more people will come now that we’re making the event geared towards all age groups. Hopefully the turnout exceeds our expectations.”

Former leadership student Elora Hargis, ’14, worked at the event last year, helping serve cotton candy, shaved ice and popcorn. This year, Hargis will be able to attend the festival as a guest instead of a worker.

“It was fun working at the festival last year,” Hargis said. “But this year I’m glad I get to enjoy all the food and activities instead of working for them. If I can attend I’m excited to be a part of the FC family that is going to convene that day and I hope I can help other people be excited about the event, and really take advantage of everyone coming together as one body.”

For information on the 2011 event, read Parent groups hold FC Family Picnic, or for more news, check out the Oct. 5 article, Campus students compete in chalk-drawing, 4-H. Please contact the high school office for information on tickets or other concerns: Call 559.299.1695, ext. 5.