Baby Drive brings in donations, support

The FC family is growing with new members being born into the community. Head of the math department Michael Fenton and his wife Heather look forward to having their twin girls within the next two weeks. In addition, science teacher Daniel Harris and his wife Megan also welcomed a new born son, Nathaniel Kai, Oct. 10.

Michelle Devereaux, mother of Mackenzie Devereaux, ’15, wants to support these two families by hosting a baby drive. Devereaux hopes to bless them by collecting donations through campus offices, Oct. 15-29.

Anyone may participate by donating items. Suggested baby goods, like diapers from Costco (Pampers or Huggies), and gift cards from Target, Buy Buy Baby, Vons and Amazon are all acceptable. Cash donations are also accepted. Those willing to participate may bring their donations to the high school office.

Deveraux wants to embrace the FC family by including the new addition of the Harris family and soon to be new additions of the Fenton family.

“Anyway that I can help as a family member of Fresno Christian would ease the burden,” Devereaux said. “They both were very thankful and gave me some ideas on supporting them when I asked how I can help.”

Fenton remains optimistc to this baby drive as he looks forward to the birth of his new twin girls.

“I just feel loved because all these people don’t have to help me with all these donations but they still choose to benefit me,” Fenton said. “Somebody described at church one day about being loved and right now I feel the same way.”

Harris also looks forward to the donations he will be receiving. Due to Harris’s wife’s pregnancy, he has been absent from campus for a week.

“It really brings to life the idea of ‘We Are One: Standing Firm,'” Harris said. “As Christians we should always support each other as a family.”

Adam Loughney, ’14, intends to participate in the baby drive feeling it is a good way to show support to the FC family.

“I feel that it’s nice of Mrs. Devereaux to raise money for the teachers and I believe that it is important to assist each other as a family member of the school,” Loughney said. “I believe that in the future if Mrs. Devereaux needs help we should help her out just like we are helping Mr. Fenton and Mr. Harris right now.”

Principle Todd Bennett already knew about the donation and is willing to fully support it. Bennett has never experienced a baby drive for a school teacher before at any of the public schools he worked at previously.

“I think it’s a really nice idea and she knows that being a mother of two kids can really affect her life so I believe it was very nice of her to support them,” Bennett said. “Mrs. Devereaux is definitely involved in school in many ways and I really appreciate her for her work.”

For more information, please contact Devereaux by calling 559.259.0939 or the high school office: 559.299.1965, ext. 5.

For more information about teachers, read the Aug. 24 article, Europe tour ends with London 2012 Olympics. For more news, read the Oct. 16 article, BRIEF: Civics to visit Fresno Courthouse.