• FCHS Cheer Tryouts - April 18-20
  • Boys Volleyball Senior Night - 4/18

First kiss may be awkward, treasured

“Kiss her! Kiss her!” coaxed an older brother trying to get his five-year-old sibling to kiss his “girlfriend”. They did not really want to, but all of the sudden his brother started spinning them in a chair and the couple’s lips touched.

“It was really funny,” Josh Risch, ’03, said. “I don’t really know how it happened; it just kind of did. We were really little so it was not that big of a deal.”

In an informal poll on campus some people’s first kiss occurred at age two, while others were still awaiting that experience. At whatever age, the first kiss is often memorable and special.

“My first kiss was awkward, it was in public and I felt like everyone was staring at me,” Sarah Parker, ’04, said. “He was a few years older than me, and the feelings afterwards weren’t good ones.”

Many people say their first kisses were the worst, and wish they could have another chance to make it perfect. Yet others say that they will never forget who it was with, where they were, and how they felt.

“My kiss was funny because we were driving down the freeway,” Lauren Taylor, 03, said. “The only bad thing about it was that he had a girlfriend at a different school, so that was pretty lame.”

Although this kiss might be uncomfortable, it is treasured and will be remembered forever.

“My first kiss was the best! I absolutely loved it because we really liked each other,” James Brown, ’06, said. “It was the perfect moment and it really meant a lot to me.”

Although students are the ones who talk about these kisses most often, parents and teachers when pressed about it may offer their memories of their first kisses.

“My first kiss was exhilarating, sweet, and quick,” Sharon Scharf, home economics and art teacher, said. “It was in Nebraska in the Peace Corps, and it was exciting because he was a New Yorker.”

After breaking the ice with the first kiss, the average human being will spend two full weeks of their lives kissing according to www.alternet.org.