Presidential candidates dispute economics, jobs (VIDEO)

In the upcoming presidential election, the American electorates are faced with the choice between Republican candidate and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and Democrat candidate President Barack Obama. These candidates represent two very different view points of conservative and liberal ideologies. The theories that these men support represent how they will approach the problems that face America.

One of these problems is the state of the economy and the percentage of unemployed Americans. As of now the unemployment rate is 7.8 percent which had shrunk from a high of 10 percent in 2009 and 9.8 percent in 2010. While it has gone down, many Americans are still out of work and struggling to find a job in a very competitive market.

This problem affects both younger and older adults, who now must compete with each other for employment. Many young Americans leaving college are not finding jobs, causing them to return home from living independently. Also, people who have been working for years now have been laid off despite their experience and tenures.

Both presidential candidates look toward improving the economy by strengthening the middle class, bringing foreign jobs back into the U.S., and lowering the national debt. However, the candidates differ in their approach of completing these tasks.

It is up to the American electorate to decide not only which plan they support but also which ideology they believe. Many voters remain undecided, looking for the candidates to clarify on how their plans will succeed.

President Obama looks to maintain taxes on wealthy without new tax cuts and eliminate tax breaks for companies that outsource jobs. Obama holds the stance that he has stopped the decline of the economy inherited by the previous administration and has made improvement.

The President wishes to maintain his healthcare system to provide care for those struggling to pay for medical expenses. Obama also wishes to raise taxes on those with higher income to carry the tax burdens of the middle class.

On the other hand, Mitt Romney looks to reduce taxes on small businesses, cut down on regulations and open new markets for trade. Romney hopes to cut government spending to reduce the deficit and stop borrowing money from China and other foreign competitors.

Romney promises to repeal “ObamaCare” in order to save the American people from a $500 billion tax increase. Instead, he looks to state governments to develop their own healthcare systems. Romney also desires to cut down on government spending which will add to the national debt by forcing the government to take on loans from other countries.

As election day approaches, the candidates will continue to debate each other to convince undecided voters to support their run for office. On Nov. 6, the American electorates will make their choice and voice their vote for who will sit in the Oval Office for the next four years.

For more information on the candidates, watch the presidential debates. They can be seen on major television networks such as ABC, CBS and C-SPAN, along with all cable news channels like CNN, MSNBC, and FOXNews. Here are the debate dates and times:

Oct. 3, 2012: Presidential debate, University of Denver, Denver, Colorado, 9-10:30 p.m. Eastern

Oct. 11, 2012: Vice Presidential debate, Centre College, Danville, Kansas, 9-10:30 p.m. Eastern

October 16, 2012: Presidential debate, Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York, 9-10:30 p.m. Eastern

October 22, 2012: Presidential debate, Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida: 9-10:30 p.m. Eastern

For more information about the 2012 Vice Presidential Debate visit this website.