Halloween attractions available throughout Fresno

While Halloween approaches rapidly, many vendors return to Fresno County to attract those who enjoy the frightening experience of being terrified at night. Big name events like The Grove, Fresno Haunted, Raven’s Gate and Team Skream will be raking in people by the hundreds.

The Grove (formally Hobbs Grove), is back for the 13th year. Most famous for their frightening maze of Hollows Forest in the Madera County woods, they are back after a year of being shut down by county officials. The Grove will feature various haunted attractions and themes after a haunted fair; a pumpkins patch will be available as well as a food court.

The event will open throughout the month of October Wednesdays through Sundays until the day of Halloween, starting at 5:30 p.m.. Single admissions starts at $10-$13 and combos range to $23-$32.50. The Grove is located on 14265 E Goodfellow Ave, Sanger, CA 93657.

Haunted Fresno is an event located in Downtown Fresno with six attractions that features: House of Zombies, The Seance, The Last Ride and a new ride named The Hellevator. Haunted Fresno will open 7 p.m.-12 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 7 p.m.-11 p.m. throughout the month of Oct. Entrance admissions for individuals cost $5-$10, and $18-$26 for combos. Haunted Fresno is located on 665 Fulton St, Downtown Fresno, Fresno, CA, 93721.

New Fresno attraction, Raven’s Gate, is a new haunted destination fright seekers will enjoy. Raven’s Gate is farther than most local events, located in Parlier, but has some similar attractions like a haunted forest (a caricature of The Grove’s), a hayride, a midway and a trick-or-treat forest. Raven’s Gate will be open Fridays through Saturdays in the evening throughout Oct.. The cost to be admitted to Raven’s Gate is $15 for individuals and $25 for combos. Raven’s Gate is located on 14295 Adams Ave, Parlier, CA, 93648.

Team Skream, a neighborhood haunted house attracts more than 600 people each year with positive reviews. Event corridinator John DiBenedetto and family have planed a haunted house with 14 rooms and 20 volunteers who will scare people. It is free to attend and all are welcome. The house is located on 1115 N. Peach Ave. in Clovis, between Alluvial and Nees. On of Oct. 27 and Halloween night the house will be open. Team Skream will be collecting canned products to donate to a local nonprofit organization.

Most of these attraction are recommended for those who are 13 or older, not for individuals who have a weak heart.

For more information about Fall attractions, read the Oct. 19, 2011 article, Local pumpkin patches embrace additional attractions.

For more news, read the Oct. 23. article, BRIEF: Civil War Revisited to offer real-life action.