Fentons welcome twin girls into family of six (VIDEO)

At approximately 12:26 and 12:27 p.m., the Fenton family welcomed their twin girls, Ainsley Joy and Mackenzie Grace, into the world, making them a family of six, Nov. 7. Math teacher Michael Fenton and his wife Heather arrived at the hospital for a scheduled c-section, where Ainsley was born first at seven pounds, four ounces, followed by Mackenzie one minute later at five pounds, 10 ounces.

Different from their past births, the scheduled c-section was a fast process. Fenton was not expecting how fast both his daughters were born.

“They called me to come in and then five or six minutes later they said, ‘here’s your daughter,’ and they bring one around the corner and then a minute later, the other one was born,” Fenton said. “I didn’t know that it was going to happen so quickly because that was the first caesarean for my wife, it was kind of like, ‘just go into the room and here are your twins.'”

Though the expected nerves come up, the excitement outweighs the fears as their family has grown in such a short amount of time.

“It’s exciting, and also a little terrifying because we’ve never had four kids before, and we’ve never had two at a time, but it’s amazing,” Fenton said. “It doesn’t get old, but we’ll figure out how to live with four and have two little ones. The boys like to tackle each other and jump off of things and that’s fun, but we don’t really know what the girls are going to be like. We’ll learn as we go. We’re definitely excited to have the chance to have the boys and the girls.”

With two new girls, Fenton is still adjusting to spending his time with two new babies rather than just one.

“It feels kind of strange because I don’t really know which crib to stand by or who should I look at or who should I hold,” Fenton said. “There’s not a lot of time for thinking or calculating; it’s mostly just doing what the doctors say, and do what my wife says, and hold as many babies as I can.”