Presidential Election 2012: Join the discussion

After months of traveling around the country to campaign and debate, the Presidential Election of 2012 has come to an end, with President Obama securing his second presidential term, Nov. 6.

Even though many students were not old enough to vote, The Feather staff still encourages students to share their opinions on the two presidential candidates.

Along with these anecdotes, The Feather staff hopes for readers to submit their personal opinions on how they feel towards the results of the presidential election until Monday, Nov. 12.

Obama not working
Timothy Nyberg, ’16
November 9, 2012

I think Romney would have been a better option. Our economy is so bad and I feel Romney would have done a better job fixing it. Plus, most colleges are not excepting anymore and with Obama winning won’t fix anything.

Wishful thinking
David Taylor, ’14
November 9, 2012

I wished Romney could’ve won because he had a five point program to get us back on our feet. Romney also had bigger plans to get us out of our current situation. He seemed like a really strong and promising leader.

Does not care
Aaron Ward, ’14
November 9, 2012

I didn’t care much about the outcome but it was exciting to see how close the election was. Also it made me excited to see what happens in the future.

Forewarning: Going bankrupt
Zariah Davis, ’13
November 9, 2012

He hasn’t done anything for the country and we’re going bankrupt. The main reason that people picked him was because he’s the first African American President.

Listening to parental opinions
Callista Fries, ’15
November 7, 2012

I don’t really care that much either way. I feel like Romney was the lesser of two evils in this situation. I think everybody at school realized from listening to their parents that Obama was not the right option, so we all voted for Romney [in the school election].

Electoral college sways votes
Josh Carter, ’16
November 7, 2012

I think if the popular vote had counted, then it would have been a tighter race. If you are a republican in a democratic state then you don’t really have a vote. For example, on the west coast, the republicans don’t have much of a chance. I hoped Romney would win, but I didn’t think he had much of a chance because of the electoral college.

Accepting the results
Caleb Nale, ’14
November 7, 2012

I’m not really into politics, but my parents were voting for Romney. I wasn’t happy that Obama won, but it is what it is. Hopefully he does what needs to be done for the country.

Vote-counting announced too early
Jonathan Brushwood, ’15
November 7, 2012

I thought that Obama would have won, but I wish they had counted all the votes before giving the verdict. I think that in Ohio, they counted the votes too early and said Obama won, even though it was really close. In several states, they decided who won too early.

Expected win
Suzy Carroll, ’14
November 7, 2012

I kind of expected Obama to win, but I hoped that Romney had done better a better job at gaining votes. I don’t think my family liked either candidate that much. It was a choice for the lesser of two evils.

Mock election contrasts real election
Amy Savage, ’13
November 7, 2012

I’m not happy that Obama won, but it’s already done, so it’s not going to change. He’s already been the president for four years and we lived through that, so I think it’s fine. I think the school’s election had results totally different from the country’s.

For more opinions, read the Nov. 1 article, Broadway star speaks in series, shares career path.