BRIEF: WWII Veteran to share his story

No two people live life the same. Everyone receives unique opportunities. However for WWII Veteran, Vern Schmidt, this was no easy task.

Schmidt a Company G rifleman in the 358th Regiment of the 90th Infantry Division, was also a light machine gunner, a man armed with a bazooka, and 12 riflemen in his group. His story is one of bravery and valor.

The FC campus is honored to host Schmidt to speak during chapel at 9:45 a.m., Nov. 13. All parents and students are encouraged to come. Sophomore Jordan Castro was excited to have the privileged of this unique opportunity.

“It’s cool that he was in WWII like my grandfather,” Castro said. “I’m really interested to hear his story, after hearing of such a horrific war. I’m definitely excited to hear him speak, since I don’t have any influence of that time period, or even of war itself. So hearing how a war can change a person that way should be very interesting.”

Everyone should be able to walk away with something after hearing a story about such a unique experience. The campus community is invited to join the student body for this event; there is no admission fee. Come and enjoy listening to speaker and survivor, Vern Schmidt.

For more news, read the Nov. 8 article, Fulton Mall to host outdoor ice rink (VIDEO).