BRIEF: Junior to live tweet book

Mark Bennett here. This afternoon, an eBook landed in my inbox. When I saw the title, I immediately knew that I would have to read it. The book is called Air Force Gator, and it is written by Dan Ryckert, better known as “That guy that writes crazy things for Game Informer.”

Anyways, I knew that I had to read this book and I knew that I should cover it for the website in some capacity. But I knew that a review just wouldn’t be enough. So, I decided to tweet about it.

That’s right. I will be live-tweeting the experience of reading this short, crazy book over on Twitter at 7 p.m. PST. If me saying stupid things about a stupid book sounds appealing to you, follow me, @fightmybattles. It should end at around 10 or 11. Also, please note, I have not read a word of the book yet.

I should probably tell you how I found out about this book. You see, I follow the author, Ryckert, on Twitter. After seeing a post last night about he had written a stupid book, I immediately had to read it, especially with the knowledge that he had written ninety percent of it while watching wrestling.

Update 11/19 Now that this experiment is done, I thought I would post some of the highlights on here. For instance,

“HE JUST RIPPED BIN LADEN’S ARMS OFF!”

“OH, HE ATE HUSSEIN? THAT’S A REVELATION.”

“THERE IS SOME STRAIGHT UP HUMAN-ON-REPTILE RACISM IN THIS BOOK!”

“GUSTAV CALLS HIS PLANES HIS CROC FLOCK. #CROCPUNS”

“GUSTAV JUST MADE A DEAL WITH BANSHEECORP TO TRANSPORT A BUNCH OF GATORAID. MAN, THAT’S A GREAT SENTENCE.”

“GATOR HAS TROUBLE SALUTING BECAUSE OF HIS GATOR ARMS! AS FLAWED A PROTAGONIST AS WALTER WHITE.”

“I am now expecting them to say Crocodile Rock a bunch and it’s still totally nuts.”

“GUSTAV JUST ATE THE COLONEL TO DEATH! I LOVE READING!”

“The wake up call guy at this hotel just referred to Air Force Gator as ‘Mr. Gator’ I’m not caffeinated enough for this.”

“And Gator just blew a parachuting pilot to bits. #slowclap”

“Gustav just ripped the BansheeCorp guy’s head off with his bare hands, and this is the next great American novel.”

“And of course the President shows up to congratulate Air Force Gator. Of course he does.”

If you participated in this experiment, thank you, and let me know what you thought in the comments. If you didn’t participate, shame on you.

For more news, read the Nov. 14 article, Company gather for Operation Christmas Child.