(UPDATE: Nov. 19) Company gathers for Operation Christmas Child

UPDATE: Nov. 19 According to Kerry Roberts, Registrar, the final count of the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes came in with a number of:

kindergarden to second grade: 84
third to sixth grade: 111
seventh to twelfth grade: 30
TOTAL: 225

Along with the FC campus participating in Operation Christmas Child (OCC), President and CEO of Trail-Gear Incorporation and parent of junior Mikayla Messer and freshman Courtney Messer, Matt Messer, has decided to shut down his normal production to take part in the service project, Nov. 15.

In order to be a part of serving those in other countries, Matt Messer chose to involve his whole company in the service project, with the goal of packing 200 boxes. This is the first time Trail-Gear Incorporation has been a part of OCC.

“My entire company will be involved,” Messer said. “We will shut down our normal production operations and pack 200 boxes in our assembly area. Employees and their families are encouraged to participate. Basically anyone is welcome to help out.”

Messer has always loved the concept of the OCC ministry and is looking forward to being a part of the spiritual aspect of the project.

“I have always loved the idea of this ministry because it makes the children so happy and many of them will hear the story of Christ for the first time,” Messer said. “This ministry has eternal affects on the children as they get to hear the story of Christ.”

As a business man, Messer hopes to set a godly example for his company and employees, and is excited to spread the Gospel to children. He also appreciates the privileges of living in the United States, and thinks that it is important to remember how much we really have.

“I am looking forward to setting a great example for my company and its employees as a Christian business man and am excited that we have this opportunity to give something to the children and to spread the message of Christ,” Messer said. “We are so blessed here in the USA that we really lose our focus on how much we all have and also how much we all waste. It?s a great lesson for everyone including myself.”

Messer is encouraging his employees and their families to participate in the service project. His own family will be participating in the activity on Thursday, including his oldest daughter, Mikayla, ’14.

“I am looking forward to seeing how many families will show up,” Mikayla Messer said. “It also excited me that the boxes that we put together to make children so incredibly happy in other countries, as well as present the Gospel to them.”

For more news, read the Nov. 8 article, FCS to launch spirit wear website, Nov. 13.