Twilight series comes to an end, takes emotional toll

Intense, overwhelming, dramatic, thrilling, suspenseful and beautiful are just a couple words I would use to describe this movie. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 surpassed every expectation I had leaving me in a state of satisfaction.

I walked into the theater presuming I would be as entertained as I was from the past four movies, which is not saying much, considering the fact that I do not hold them in high regard. However, this movie brought back all the memories I have from reading the book, Breaking Dawn, because they stayed pretty true to it. All of my old excitement came flooding back to the surface, reminding me how I felt five years ago.

This movie revolves around Bella Cullen (Kristen Stewart) and her husband Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) trying to save their daughter Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy) from the grasp of the volturi. It is illegal in the vampire world to create immortal children because they can easily lose their temper and destroy entire towns, threatening to expose vampires.

The Cullen clan travels to different parts of the world to look for different vampires to stand by their side against the volturi. Their goal is to convince the volturi that Renesmee is not an immortal child; that she is half human and half vampire, growing older every day.

The vampires also come into alliance with werewolves which are supposed to be their mortal enemies. The reason the werewolves are helping out is because Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner), the alpha of his pack, imprints on Renesmee, meaning that no other werewolf can ever harm her.

The rest of the flick follows the vampires and werewolves as they prepare to face the volturi, hoping the meeting will not come to a fight. After a twisted turn of events the ending comes as a shock to most, leaving everyone in a state of panic — you will just have to see for yourself.

To describe how intense the end was — I almost passed out during it. One second I saw the movie in front of me and the next my vision was completely blacked out. I started hyperventilating while watching the scenes unravel before me. I have never in my life seen a movie that has made me black out and feel sick to my stomach; not because of gruesome scenes but because of an emotional attachment I have with all the characters.

The film exceeded every expectation I had for it, from the casting to the music. The acting in the past movies was subpar but in this installment it was incredible. The cast perfectly portrayed the characters in the book with every word they said and every action they took.

The music brought back memories of the first movie because they reused some of the songs. In every scene the mood was set because of the melodic music that was played. The entire movie was almost like a reminiscing of the past four installments using the same music and similar scenes.

One aspect of the movie that greatly irritated me was the computer-generated imagery (CGI) effects used for Renesmee when she was a baby. She looked extremely fake to the point of it being ridiculous. I have never seen such bad special effects, which greatly disappointed me.

During the credits a picture of each of the major characters throughout all five movies was shown, bringing everyone back to the beginning. I could not help but feel sad to see what I have been so passionate about for more than five years come to an end, leaving me in tears.

Despite one disappointment, the movie was an overall success. Any movie that can make me cry and almost pass out is a triumph to me. A nostalgic feeling was over me during the entire movie, making me wish I could go back five years into the past. I am sad to see the Twilight series come to an end but I remain in high spirits of the memorable ending.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 is rated PG-13 for violence, sexual content and language. The film runs at 115 minutes and is playing at most local theaters.

For more reviews, read the Nov. 15 article, ‘Slender’ game produces creepy atmosphere.