Christmas returns to Kearney Mansion (VIDEO)

KearneyChristmasSm
[/media-credit] To draw more people in for the spirit of Christmas, Kearney Mansion will be hosting events that area residents may attend.
The Feather staff had the honor of being invited to the “Christmas at Kearney” event hosted by the Fresno Historical Society (FHS), Dec. 5. This event has taken place at the Kearney Mansion in previous years, however, for the past seven years the event was at a stand still. This year will mark the 50th reopening of this event.

Cindy Wathen, the director of public relation and events, gave information of Kearney’s earlier life.

“For the first time in seven years we are bringing back Christmas at Kearney,” Wathen said. “We brought it back because we had so many ask us to please bring it back. So we decided to do it this year. The reason we haven’t done it in a while was simply because it is an enormous commitment on behalf of the society both financially and staff wise to do this. So we will see how this year goes. We really need the public to come out and support this otherwise its just such a massive of undertaking for us.”

To draw more people in for the spirit of Christmas, Kearney Mansion will be hosting events that area residents may attend. These events consist of corporate parties where you can reserve a spot for your work to celebrate the season in the Mansion.

The mansion will aslo hold a Christmas open house Sun. Dec. 9 and Dec. 16 between the times of 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Admission for adults cost $10, senior citizens $8 and students and children 12 years of age and under cost $6. Children under the age of 3 will be free. There is also an additional $5 fee for entering the park.

The last event will be the Victorian Christmas Teas. This will be an opportunity for you travel back in time and experience an afternoon of tea, sandwiches, entertainment, desserts and a period gift. Reservation dates include: Dec. 7, 8, 14, 15, 20 and 21. The 7th and 8th are sold out according to Wathen and the 14th and 15th have limited availability. Wathen says there is plenty of availability for the 20th and 21st. There is a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 30 at each sitting. Members of the FHS pay $25 and $35 for non members.

For more information about Kearney Mansion or reservations contact Cindy Wathen at 559.441.0862 or via email [email protected].