BRIEF: Farmer Boys caters for campus, supports clubs

While many clubs and athletic teams sell their own lunches through the school lunch program, Farmer Boys has recently agreed to provide lunch occasionally on Wednesdays. Their six dollar meal will include a hamburger, a side of fries and a vanilla or chocolate milkshake.

Maddie Luginbill, ’16, enjoys purchasing a lunch from Farmer Boys. According to Luginbill, she does not usually purchase a lunch but due to liking Farmer Boys wanted to have a quality lunch.

“I usually don’t buy a lunch at school but decided to buy one from Farmer Boys,” Luginbill said. “Even though the fries needed more seasoning, the food was good and the milkshake was yummy in my tummy. I thought the lunch had a very good price.”

Before Farmer Boys started to run lunch once a week, the school had Revolution foods provide the daily lunches. On special occasions, Farmer Boys sold lunch on campus and at football games.

Julie Loughney, FC parent of junior Adam Loughney, ’14, is the provider of Farmers Boys. Julie met the owner of Farmer Boys, Jose Almanza, and thought he was a great person. At the time, the school had trouble looking for someone to cater for the sporting events and Julie thought that Almanza’s restaurant would be a good fit.

Julie started to sell lunches and saw that they needed someone to do so consistently. Julie enjoys being at FC and helping the school, so she thought that it would be fun to help out. According to Julie, she also gets a plus by seeing the kids that she has known since they were in kindergarden.

“I enjoy seeing the kids grow and helping my son with his clubs,” Julie said. “Farmer Boys provides a quality lunch that I think most kids will enjoy.”

Adam Loughney, ’14, is in many clubs including CSF and Spanish Club. Adam also is on the tennis team so to help the organizations Julie, organizes lunches with secretary Vickie Belmont. She also really likes to support her son and what he does.

Adam is involved in various clubs at FC and contributes to them by helping with the fundraising. Although he does not enjoy having to miss his lunch break to help his mother, he enjoys helping his mother raise money for the clubs.

“I really don’t like working during lunch because I don’t get to spend time with my friends,” Adam commented. “But I enjoy helping my mom because she needs the help.”

Farmer Boys campus menu varies from hamburgers with fries to burritos. They always will have something to sell on the side for a dollar. Farmer Boys will serve their next meal at school, Feb. 6.

For more news, read the Jan. 29 article, BRIEF: Placement test confirms course position.