BRIEF: First winter Fifth Quarter to be held at Me-N-Ed's

In order to celebrate the FC Basketball home game against theCaruthers Blue Raiders, student leadership will be holding a 5th quarter at Me-N-Ed’s located on Cedar and Herndon, Feb. 1.

FC students and parents are welcome to join the basketball team after the game this Friday at 9 p.m. The cost is $5 for FC students, $7 for alumni and $20 for a family of four.

Senior Stephan Melendez reminices on memories made in previous years and enjoys being in charge of them as the head of the leadership Sports pod.

“Fifth quarter is a great way for students from all grades in high school to celebrate the basketball players, socialize and more importantly make memories that will last forever,” Melendez said. “I remember fifth quarter as a freshman at Luna’s restaurant and I had a blast eating pizza with all my friends on a Friday night.”

Leadership puts on 5th quarters in hopes of bringing students together to socialize with the players right after the game. Student leadership teacher Robert Foshee puts on these events in hopes of knitting the school closer together.

“We like to put it on so that people can socialize with each other and get to know each other in an environment outside of school,” Foshee said. “This is our first ever winter 5th quarter so we hope that we get a good turnout and keep them coming.”

Sophomore Breanna Jennings enjoys going to 5th quarters because of the friendly atmosphere and quality time with friends.

“I like going to 5th Quarters because it really fun,” Jennings said. “You get to hang out and eat with your friends and the basketball team and it’s just a great time.”