NOTS ticket deadline approaches (VIDEO)

In order to encourage people to buy their Night of the Stars (NOTS) tickets before the Feb. 13 deadline, The Feather Online and Student Leadership have partnered up to create this promotion video which is a parody of Cast Away. NOTS this year is from 5-11 p.m. at The Grand on 1401 Fulton Street, Feb. 16.

FC will celebrate their annual winter formal with the theme, ‘Lights, Camera, Action.’ NOTS is an event where students can participate in a white-collar evening of fine dining and movies, where the movies are produced by their peers.

While NOTS is FC’s equivant of a prom, it does have a unique twist. During NOTS, instead of dancing, students each create a class movie. Each grade is allowed to choose what movie they want to do, and then are given a time frame based on their class year. They then film the movie, and it is debuted at NOTS.

In the past, NOTS has had many themes. From ‘A Night in Paris’ to ‘Roaring ’20s,’ and even themes such as ‘Underwater.’ Kim Bimat, assistant leadership advisor, thinks this years theme is well fitted for the night.

“American glamour is often defined by Hollywood moments,” Bimat said. “I find our NOTS theme fitting because it is a glamourous event like many in Tinsel Town. The theme, ‘Lights Camera, Action,’ is also fitting because at FC we have the opportunity to make class movies. So what better a theme for NOTS than a glamourous Hollywood Night out?”

Tickets went on sale Jan. 22 for an exclusive early-bird price of $45, but now cost $50.

For more news, read the Feb. 7 article, CJSF works to complete candy grams for holiday.