Blossoms rise with the seasonal weather, sunshine

This will be a three-part feature following the growth of the blossoms on the Fresno County Blossom Trail. Each part will display photography by either Ryan King, Photo Editor or Rayna Endicott, Photographer, as a timeline of growth of during the beginning of the Spring season. As this will feature the blossoms at sunrise the next part will present them during mid-day.

While the blossoms have just begun to rise with the morning sun, the San Joaquin Valley promotes this nature experience with the 25th annual Fresno County Blossom Trail. Through the trail, located along Highway 180, viewers may see a variety of pink and white hues across acres of land which will soon turn into the valley’s fruits and nuts.

Flowering agriculture within the Blossom Trail includes, almonds, plums, apricots, peaches, nectarines, apples and citruses. Right now the only flowering crop is almonds which have white petals.

Even though you may spot some blossoms on the road, onlookers will see the numbers increase in about five days.

According to the Fresno County Blossom Trail website, the best time to see the Blossom Trail is from the end of February through the middle of March. Viewers can travel by car or bicycle to navigate through the highway and smaller roads.

Freshman Daniel Thao, who lives near the Blossom Trail appreciates the trail as a way to bring enthusiasts around the area.

“It’s an exciting time for the rural land around Fresno,” Thao said. “Many people come to view the trail either to bike or take pictures. It’s always fun to see the blossoms during this time of the year.”

Thao is sad to see a low number of blossoms for now, but is excited for the final outcome of the trail.

“I really liked last years blossoms because of their vibrant flowers,” Thao said. “I have only seen white flowers this year, but I’m sure their will be more to come.”

Sophomore Jariah Harris appreciates the blossoms, but enjoys the city. Harris still enjoys the season of spring just not the rural land.

“There is more things to do in the city,” Harris said. “Going to Blossom Trail would be beautiful, but I’m much more of a city girl. But I do like viewing the sights of blossoming flowers during spring.”

Junior Annaleah Madison would like to visit Blossom Trail either to sight see or take pictures. Even though Madison likes the urban parts of Fresno County, she also likes to see the nature within the area.

“I think it would be a cool place to take pictures, compared to North Fresno,” Madison said. “The Blossom Trail shows the beauty of the county which I usually don’t see on a daily basis.”

With the weather varying, the blossoms will close with the cold weather and rain. To see the blossoms in full bloom, make sure to visit during a sunny day.

For more updates of the Fresno County Blossom Trail, check out the Trail Update.

Follow us for more information on the next part of this feature via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more information about Blossom Trail, read the March 5, 2012 article, Seasonal trail blossoms during spring (VIDEO).

For more features, read the Feb. 19 article, Details add to classic atmosphere of NOTS.