BRIEF: Inspire Gala to feature Tebow, April 5

Students and faculty from both Fresno Christian and Break the Barriers (BTB) join together for tonight’s Inspire Gala fundraiser featuring main speaker NFL quarterback Tim Tebow, April 5. The conference was created to raise awareness and support for FC and BTB.

The black-tie formal event will be held in the Fresno Convention Center in the Exhibit Hall from 6-9 p.m.. The night will feature a dinner, along with a performance by the BTB traveling team, finishing up with Tebow’s message.

Principle Todd Bennett, believes that this conference is beneficial for the Fresno community to have someone who is recognized and perceived to be an inspiration come and speak to people.

“We are two Christian ministries in town and to have a celebrity come in and show more people what we do and show that we are, in fact, Christ-centered organizations,” Bennett said. “This is an opportunity to hear somebody who is overtly Christian, in a non-Christian environment, who has a really great message to share.”

By raising awareness about the Christian aspect in Fresno, Bennett is hoping that this will encourage parents and students to participate in both FC and BTB organizations.

“The main purpose is to show that people know that there’s a place in Fresno to send your children that’s going to be helpful in guiding them in Christ-like principles and to help develop their personal relationship with Jesus Christ,” Bennett said. “Another reason is so that there is also a place where people can serve one another and serve the community from a Christian point of view in learning that we all have disabilities and abilities.”

Junior Mikayla Messer is anticipating the night as she prepares to be an usher for the banquet. After volunteering last minute, Messer is thankful for the opening.

“I’m looking forward to meeting new people tonight and being an example by representing FC with a Christian attitude and ministering to people through my actions,” Messer said. “The faculty needed volunteers to usher and I needed community service hours, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to fulfill both.”

For more news, read the April 2 article, Apollo Prep SAT course caters to students needs.