BRIEF: It's rally time!

[/media-credit] Student leadership will host a rally in the FC gym at 2:30 p.m. to raise school spirit in honor of the football game, Sept.

Student leadership will host a rally in the FC gym at 2:30 p.m. to raise school spirit in honor of the football game, Sept. 5. The theme will be The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT). Class colors are as follows: seniors wear red, juniors wear blue, sophomores wear purple, freshmen wear orange.

In order to celebrate the result of the first home football game of the season against Coast Union High School, student leadership will hold a 5th quarter in the PC gym.

Admission is $4 for students, $8 for non-students and free for the football players. This includes pizza, candy, drinks and volleyball.

Freshmen Erin Wilson anticipates her first high school rally as a high school student.

“I’m excited and I think it will be really fun,” Wilson said. “The junior high rallies people didn’t get very involved, we just played a bunch of games.”

Morgan Miller, ’16, likes the new location of 5th quarter because of the proximity.

“I’m excited for 5th quarter in the PC gym because you don’t have to drive anywhere or leave campus, its super convenient,” Miller said. “I’m really looking forward to hanging out with all of my friends like we did at last year’s 5th quarters.”

Leadership advisor, Vickey Belmont, shares the new features 5th quarter has to offer.

“We are having 5th quarter in the PC gym this week because we though we would try something new in order to get everyone there,” Belmont said. “There is going to be music, food and some volleyball so its going to be lot so fun because its going to be something we haven’t done before.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @gaby_siqueiros.

For more new, read Aug. 29 article, Student Leadership: Speaks out.