Feather highlights: 'Maddie's Musings' (PODCAST)

Campus senior Maddie Yee writes a monthly blog called ‘Maddie’s Musings,’ which is published the second Wednesday of every month. Yee writes a devotional to encourage and challenge the FC community.

Over the past few weeks, Francesca Battistelli’s song, “Strangely Dim” has been playing over and over in my mind, and on my laptop. But honestly, this song has been on my heart, especially as the end of my high school career winds down.

To give you a glimpse of Battistelli’s song, here are some of the lyrics:

I don’t know, I don’t know
What tomorrow may hold
But I know, but I know
That You’re holding it all
So no matter what may come

I’m gonna fix my eyes
on all that You are
‘Til every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
Let all my worries fade
And fall to the ground
I’m gonna seek Your face
And not look around
Til the place I’m in
Grows strangely, strangely, strangely dim.

Three themes stick out to me in this song: #1 As humans, we tend to make our own plans. #2 We don’t know what tomorrow holds, but we can know that He (God) holds it all. #3 When we fix our eyes on all that Jesus is, our worries fade and we can rest in His power.

With college just around the corner, it’s so easy to get caught up in where I want to go and with what I want to do. Most of the time I think people immediately make plans without really considering the purpose behind their decisions, and without allowing God to direct their steps.

I can safely say that no one ever can know what tomorrow will bring. We can anticipate what a day may be like, but we can never know the events that will actually take place. We are not God, and therefore, we only waste our time with thinking that we can know and control the future.

When we are able to recognize that we are not all-powerful, all-knowing and all-present, we can find peace and rest in all that God is, and that we are not. The pressure is released and we can fix our eyes on the only one who holds our futures.

According to 2 Corinthians 4:17-18, when our focus is on what is unseen we maintain an eternal perspective, but when we concentrate on earthly troubles, we spend our time focusing only on what is temporary.

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

You can live with the full assurance that God will work all things for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). We may not see the bigger picture of life right now, but our awesome God is using all circumstances for His greater purpose.

I encourage all of you to fix your eyes on the One who holds it all.

Below is Maddie?s eighth podcast, click on the link to listen to the audible version of her blog.

He Holds It All Ep. 8

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @madeleineyee.

For more featured blogs, read the March 14 article, Feather highlights: ‘Life Chats with Deb’ blog.