BRIEF: Crowds gather for grand opening of Microsoft store (VIDEO)

In celebration of the new Microsoft store location in San Francisco, various crowds lined up outside the Westfield San Francisco Centre in order to experience first-hand the new addition to the mall, April 25.

When the mall opened at 10 a.m., the line began to wrap around from outside the mall, all the way inside to the entrance of the new store. At approximately 11:30 a.m., the official opening ceremony began.

As the banner was cut by the giant pair of scissors, music boomed and the vail in front of the store dropped, revealing a mosh pit of store employees.

During this time, people were given free Microsoft t-shirts and for the first 200 people in line, two free tickets were given out to attend the Blake Shelton concert that is scheduled to take place at the Civic Center, April 27.

The new Microsoft store is located on the second floor of the Centre, near Bloomingdale’s, and the business hours are as follows: Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. and Sun., 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Though located in Canada, Puerto Rico and the United States, this is the ninth Microsoft store that has been added to California. Enthusiasts can also follow the latest Microsoft events through their Twitter handle: @MicrosoftStore.

While a group of the Feather staffers walked around the mall, freshman Webmaster Dalton Cowin was able to make a deal with one of the news station videographers who was covering the event, who allowed him to film under his camera. The following video was filmed and edited by Cowin.

San Francisco Microsoft Store Grand Opening from The Feather Online on Vimeo.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @madeleineyee.

For more news, read the April 25 article, Seaside stories, Day 2 (48 PHOTOS, VIDEO).