FC community celebrates Ericlee Gilmore

Gilmore1
[/media-credit] Ericlee married Dorina Lazo in April 2003. The two had many sweet adventures together both in Fresno and traveling around the world.

On Tuesday, September 9, 2014, Ericlee Russell Gilmore took an Olympic-sized long jump into the arms of Jesus. He passed away at age 40, battling melanoma cancer. He will be deeply missed by his family and extensive community across the globe.

Ericlee was born on April 2, 1974, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and moved to Fresno, California, at the age of 3 with his mother, Christene Karlyn. From the time he was a little boy, Ericlee loved to run and had a strong faith in Jesus Christ.

Ericlee attended FC for junior high and high school. He played basketball, football and ran track and field. His specialty was the long jump. He attended university on a track and field scholarship, graduating from Linfield College with a bachelor degree in Physical Education. Ericlee obtained his teaching degree from Fresno Pacific University and attended California State University, Fresno, for a master?s degree in Kinesiology.

After college, Ericlee taught at FC for nine years {2000-2009, returning for the 2013-14 school year}. He went on to teach Kinesiology and Nutrition at Fresno Pacific University and DeVry University. Ericlee had a love for fitness and shared that passion with anyone he could. He worked as a CrossFit coach at Crossfit Combat Fitness in Fresno.

Ericlee married Dorina Lazo in April 2003. The two had many sweet adventures together both in Fresno and traveling around the world. Their first daughter, Meilani, was born in 2006, followed by Giada, born in 2009, and Zayla born in 2011. His girls were his pride and joy.

For the last five years, Ericlee also served as the director of a non-profit organization, Christian Friendship Ministries, partnering with leaders in Haiti. This ministry was originally started by his grandparents, Oran and Arshaloos Bell, in 1947. His heart?s desire was to continue their legacy of sharing the gospel with people in Haiti and offering a hand up, not a hand out to the people there.

He is survived by his wife, Dorina, three young daughters, Meilani, Giada and Zayla, his mother, Christene Karlyn and step-father Larry Karlyn.

“A Celebration of Ericlee’s Life” will be held at Peoples Church {7172 N. Cedar Ave, Fresno, CA 93720}, at 11 a.m., Sept. 13. A reception will follow at the Fresno Christian School gymnasium, a short walk across the parking from Peoples Church. Fresno Christian community are encouraged to park on the north side of the campus near Alluvial or the east side near Jackson Park Place.

In lieu of flowers, please consider giving to the “Bridge Memorial Fund” to benefit his children through any Bank of America branch or to his favorite charity, Christian Friendship Ministries, {P.O. Box 27584, Fresno, California, 93729}.