Football season kicks off, Sept. 7 (VIDEO)

As fall approaches, the excitement for football season grows in anticipation for the first game of the season. After practicing throughout the summer, the Eagles varsity football team prepares for beginning an eight-man season.

Compared to previous years, where they had about 20 students playing, this year they have a team of 27. FC has been able to field a full-sized team every year, not playing eight-man football since 1992

This past weekend, the Eagles traveled to Colinga, CA, where they played in an eight-man carnival. Though the scores are not recorded, the team was able to practice more for their upcoming game against Riverdale Christian High School at 1 p.m., Sept. 7.

For the first home game of the year, the Eagles will face off against Vacaville Christian High School on the north field at 7 p.m., Sept. 13. Following the game, student leadership plans to celebrate the start of the season with a Fifth Quarter at Me-n-Ed’s Pizza at Cedar and Herndon.

Head football coach and Athletic Director Mick Fuller expects the fans to support their peers and team.

“Fans should cheer for our players and cheer for anyone who makes a good play,” Fuller said.”They should also be respectful to officials, opposing players and other fans.”

As a member on the team, sophomore Tyler Breedlove hopes the season will be successful, pulling out wins for the Eagles.

“I think that we are going to do good,” Breedlove said. “I think we are going to win most of our games. I mean we are the biggest team out there.”

For more information see the Athletic schedule on The Feather. Sports photos, for all fall athletes will be held Sept. 10.

This author can be reached via Twitter: @TyninFries. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more sports, read the Sept. 3 article, New changes lead to hopeful football season.