Volleyball sport shorts: Raisin Harvest Tournament

volleyball
[/media-credit] The Eagles volleyball team continued their preseason games in the 26th annual Raisin Harvest Tournament, playing in Pool D, Aug. 31.
GIRLS’ VOLLEYBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2013
For a preview to the Eagles volleyball season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2013, for dates, times and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagle’s schedule for the upcoming season on Max Preps. FC is currently 5-3 overall and 0-0 in the West Sequoia League as of Sept. 6. FC’s next game will be on Sept. 10, as the Eagles play the Sierra Chieftains.

GIRLS VOLLEYBALL SPORTS SHORTS, 2013
EAGLES PLAY IN PRESEASON TOURNAMENT, Aug. 28-31

The Eagles volleyball team continued their preseason games in the 26th annual Raisin Harvest Tournament, playing in Pool D, Aug. 28, 31. FC competed with Mendota, Firebaugh, Dos Palos, Riverdale and Kerman.

In match one against Mendota, the Eagles cleaned house, winning 2-0. The scores were 25-18 both games.

In match two, they continued their winning spree, beating out Dos Palos 2 games to 0. The scores were 25-8 in game one and 25-21 in game two.

But in the match against Firebaugh, the Lady Eagles lost 2-0. The scores were 25-8 in game one and 25-21 in game two.

Then, the Eagles returned for bracket play on day two of the tournament, winning against Coalinga (Pool A), 2-1. The scores were 25-20 in game one, 25-17 in game two and 15-9 in game three.

In the next match against Riverdale (Pool C) FC won yet again 2-1. The scores were 25-15 in game one, 25-21 in game two and 15-8 in game three.

in the Eagle’s final match of the tournament, they lost to Kerman (Pool A), 2-1. The scores were 26-24 in game one, 25-23 in game two and 15-3 in game three.

The Eagles will next travel to Sierra High School where their game will begin at 5 p.m., Sept. 10.

For more sports, read the Sept. 9 article, Freshmen add to team dynamic, strive to improve.