Meet your 2013-'14 ASB officers

The President of the student body this year Caleb Nale plans to be part of the campus basketball, baseball and track teams this year.
[/media-credit] The President of the student body this year Caleb Nale plans to be part of the campus basketball, baseball and track teams this year.

ASB officers announced

Associated Student Body (ASB) officers were elected by the student body, Aug. 29. Candidates engaged in various campaign tactics and created speeches, which they presented before the students in chapel. After listening to each candidate’s speech all FC students were encouraged to vote by secret ballot for their newest ASB officers. The results are as following:

President Caleb Nale, ’14

The President of the student body this year Caleb Nale plans to be part of the campus basketball, baseball and track teams this year. He enjoys helping his dad, John, out on the farm and playing basketball in his spare time. He hopes as president to set a good example for the underclassmen and make this year unforgettable.

Nale says that his goals this year includes listening to the ideas of the student body and helping those ideas become a reality. He also says he wants to make the year an amazing last one for seniors and a memorable one for everyone else.

“I want to take responsibility for the students and listen to their opinions,” Nale said. “Also, I want to encourage the student body and help them in whatever they want to do. My goal is to make this year fantastic. This year should be fun for the senior class and I want us to be an example for the younger classes.”

Vice President David Ryu, ’14

This year David Ryu has been elected as vice president. He wanted to become Vice President in order to serve God whom he credits to all of his successes. He believes that while he was in Korea, God was preparing him for this time in his life. He also wanted to be vice president in order to help support the president in his choices and decisions.

In Ryu?s free time he enjoys listening to classical music, which he believes is beautiful and calming. He also loves to spend time studying and reading the Bible and engaging in deeper thoughts. He has previously played baseball for FC.

Ryu wants to serve the student body and meet their needs. He also says that his main focus is to put aside any self-ambitions and put the thoughts and ideas of the student body first.

“I don’t know what to do, and I don’t know what I have to do,” Ryu said. “I do know I will not do what I want to do. I will do what FC and its students want me to do. I am simple and do not think I have any leadership abilities on my own. The only thing I can do is listen and focus on students needs.”
&%picture2placement%&
Secretary Hannah Avila, ’14

Hannah Avila has been elected secretary this year. Avila is cheer captain of the cheer squad this year and she is contemplating playing basketball as well. She believes that cheer has helped her develop leadership skills that can be applicable to her as an ASB officer.

Avila is also involved in Journalism, Student Leadership, and Sister to Sister at FC. This year Avila is one of the nominees for Homecoming Queen which she is excited about because she loves being involved in school activities and programs. On her free time she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.

Avila says her organizational skills qualify her to be a good secretary. She says she stepped up to the position when no one else volunteered because she wanted to be more involved in school activities and do something different her senior year.

“I wanted to be secretary because no one was running for it and people suggested that I do it,” Avila said. “I always take notes because I like to be organized. I figured it was my senior year and I might as well do it because it would be really fun. I just wanted to be more involved with the school than I already am.”

For more information on ASB officers, check out the Sept. 28 BRIEF: ASB elections to be held, Aug. 28 (UPDATE) article.

For more news read the Sept. 11 article Beach Trip sign ups begin in office.

Follow The Feather via Twitter and Instagram: @thefeather and @thefeatheronlilne. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @skylerklee and via Email: [email protected]