Beach Trip sign ups begin in office

One of the highlights of the school year and football season is the annual Beach Trip, Sept. 20. For $35 students can claim a seat on the bus where they can travel to the beach with their peers. After fifth period, students will crowd into buses to head to the coast to support their football team, and spend some time under the sun.

In mid-October of last year, the high-schoolers made their way to watch the FC football game in Watsonville. While the football team practiced, students spent the day on Sunset Beach. Buses didn?t return to Fresno until nearly 2 a.m. in the morning.

Due to injuries, FC had to forfeit the game. Regardless of this disappointment, most students reported that they had a great time.

This year, the beach trip is taking place on Sept. 20 where students will spend the afternoon on Cayucos Beach, and then head to Cambria to watch the football match between FC and Coast Union High School.

Sign-ups began on Sept. 9, and will continue until all bus spots fill up. After all spots are taken, students will be put on a waiting list. Student Leadership teacher, Robert Foshee, recommends getting your check turned in immediately.

“Sign up in the high school office,” Foshee said. “First you have to pay the money, which is 35 dollars, and then there?s a limited amount of seats so you probably want to sign up as soon as possible.”

Your name will not be on the list until you turn in your payment. The $35 fee covers your round trip bus ride, lunch, and ticket into the football game.

Sophomore Ifasia Armstrong, who went on the trip last year, says she is excited for this year’s trip.

“We had a really fun time last year,” Armstrong said. “We went shopping, played on the beach, watched a volleyball game and then went to the football game after. We’re going to have fun on this trip, too. I’m really excited.”

Ileana See, ’14, says that even though the football game was ended early, the trip was still worthwhile.

“Before the game we hung out on the beach,” See said. “The game ended early because some of the football players got injured, but the game was still really fun while it lasted. Overall, everyone just had a great time.”

For more news, read the Sept. 10 article, BRIEF: Leadership hosts first Fifth Quarter, Sept. 13.