President reminisces campus highlights

What a month! Do not let anyone tell you that we don’t have a blast at FC football games. Sept. 13 was a rip roaring good time. We literally burned up the field. May the Lord bless and keep Val Rivera and Jose from Farmer Boys safe in their recovery from their injuries due to the explosion of the food truck.

What a privilege it is to attend FC. Once again I want to express my gratitude to my family for sending me, to my friends for befriending me and to my teachers for treating me like Caleb John Nale not number 00123676.

When I attended public school I rarely ever talked to any of my teachers and half of them never knew I was there. One on one help was never an option and I never felt that the teachers cared about how I was doing in the class or what I wanted to do after high school. However, at FC I am able to talk to my teachers, and they know who I am and actually care about me.

This is about as close to “heaven on earth” as we can get. There are only a few schools left where students can be an athlete, a musician, a singer, a politician and a writer all in one day. FC allows us this wonderful privilege.

Two years ago I was only able to play sports at a division 1 high school and I was encouraged by coaches to play only one. I had to quit band, a few clubs and could not run for student council, all so I would be able to play varsity sports. Here at FC, every student is encouraged and has the opportunity to be in the band, be on student council, be in clubs and play sports all at the same time.

What is next?! Let us finish this month supporting and encouraging each other to be successful in all our endeavors. I believe that there is room for all of us at the top. Let us be joyful when our friends achieve success, not envious. We will all achieve success this year and we will celebrate with you when it happens.

For more opinions, read the Sept. 18 article, Final year changes senior’s mentality.