• 3/20- Econ Fair @ lunch
  • 41st Annual FCS Auction begins online March 8-13
  • 3/22 - High School Spring Formal

Choir performs, tour San Diego

Sun, sand and singing combined to create a relaxed atmosphere during the annual choir trip. Designed to expand the exposure of the choir and ensemble, the trip provided singing experience in schools and churches in the San Diego area on March 25-30.

“Going to San Diego was a great experience for the choir,” Marc Ferguson, choir director, said. “The trip allowed us to get to know each other better as a group while singing and ministering to others.”

The trip provided the students with the opportunity to sing for various schools, giving the choir experience in performing their repertoire. Students also sang at two rest homes and then ministered to the residents through a time of fellowship and interaction. For many students, getting to know one of the elderly residents was a highlight of the trip.

“My favorite part of the trip was singing at the rest homes,” Danielle Roberts, ’03, said. “The elderly were so receptive to our music and it was awesome watching their faces light up when we were singing. I got to know a few of them during the fellowship time and this experience will be something I will always remember.”

Every evening the group gathered for a time of renewal and fellowship consisting of announcements and a recap of the day and ending with a time of devotion and worship.

“The evening devotionals were a very special time for the group as a whole,” Ferguson said. “Several students shared what God has been working on with them and their words of wisdom and encouragement sparked good discussions among the group.”

Not all work, the trip also offered time for the students to spend experiencing the sights and sounds of the San Diego area. Some activities included time spent at local beaches, Coronado Island and the San Diego Zoo.

“The best day of the trip was Saturday when I went to the San Diego Zoo,” Jordan Hogue, ’06, said. “It was fun to be able to walk around the zoo with friends and see all the different animals.”

Choir and ensemble will next perform at Christian Reformed Church on May 4 at 6:30 p.m.