Fall and FC football: Times are a 'changin' (VIDEO)

WelcomeFC
[/media-credit] FC Friday night football is this week, Sept. 5. The Eagles host Coast Union at 7 p.m.
The 2014-15 school year has begun, and the FC community gathering tonight (Sept. 5) for FC Friday night football.

While Convocation last month brought the community together on the first day of school, students, teachers, families, alumni and FC supporters will again gather for the first home football game of the year against Coast Union. Kick-off is at 7 p.m.

It’s fall and FC football is just ahead.

New superintendent Jeremy Brown will welcome the community back home while jazz band will open with the national anthem. Student leadership will man the concession stands, selling try-tip sandwiches and other snack items for dinner.

Additionally, this is an opportunity to meet many of the 10 new staff members and those returning to celebrate all-Eagle Day!

Entrance gates will be posted by the front of the gym as well as on the Alluvial fence entrance off the North Field. Game tickets are $4 for children and $6 for adults. FC students get in free with their student ID. During the game, student leadership with be selling tri-trip sandwiches from the Meat Market.

After the football game, the student body will celebrate with an after game Fifth Quarter and pizza hosted in the PC gym. It’s an opportunity for students to fellowship together after the game. Students will cool off with beverages, dessert and interactive games as well.

Coach Mick Fuller returns to lead his team on the gridiron for game two of the season and is upbeat despite some early season injuries.

“We have lost some pivotal players who led the team physically emotionally and spiritually, new players are stepping in to fill those roles,” Fuller said. “It is an ongoing process of growth throughout the season. Over the course of the season, I expect to see the boys come together and trust each other to play at a high level of achievement that they can be proud of.”

For more information, contact the athletic office at (559) 299-1695, ext. 123, or visit www.fresnochristian.com.