BRIEF: Parent Teacher Fellowship to host annual Fall Festival

20161102-fc-picnic-003
[/media-credit] FC PTF will be hosting a fall event for the campus community, Oct. 19

The Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) encourages all campus students, families and teachers to come out to the annual Fall Festival. The festival will be held Oct. 19, 4-7 p.m. on the North Field.

The festival is an opportunity for the FC community to come together and get to know one another in a fun environment. There will be free food, bounce houses, games, a pumpkin patch and much more for everyone to participate in. Co-leader of the PTF, Becky Covington, expresses her excitement for the upcoming festivities.

“The PTF holds this annual event to bring everyone together and generate fellowship,” Covington, said. “It is also a celebration for the elementary students who have just finished their fundraiser.”

The school community parents are coming together in the hopes of rallying students of all ages for an afternoon of entertainment. Sophomore Brittany Bender looks forward to the event, after attending last years.

“It was really fun, and I got to meet any new people because I was new this year,” Bender said. “My favorite part of the festival was the food and face painting. I look forward to attending this year.”

Principal Todd Bennett enjoys the festivities, because it brings together the student body.

20161102-fc-picnic-002
[/media-credit] FC spirit wear will be available for purchase at the event.

“After attending the festival last year, I am very excited for what it will bring this year,” Bennett said. “I just like to see all of our families to come together and enjoy themselves.”

New to FC, Sam Beyelia, ’17, is hearing about the Fall Festival for the first time. Unsure if he will go, Beyelia still thinks the festival is a good idea for the school.

“I have never heard of the Fall Festival before, since this is my first year here,” Beyelia said. “I haven’t heard any information about it, I might attend depending on when it is. It seems like it would be a really good time though.”

For more information on the Fall Festival contact the high school office: 559.299.1695, ext. 5.

For more news, read the Oct. 10 article, BRIEF: Fifth Quarter venue change, Farmer Boys hosts reception.

This author can be reached via Twitter: @_sarapeterson. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.