BRIEF: Fifth Quarter venue change, Farmer Boys hosts reception

In order to celebrate the FC football game against Maricopa High School a Fifth Quarter will be held at Farmer Boys, located on the northeast corner of Herndon and Willow, Oct. 11 from 9-11 p.m.

Both FC students and parents are welcome to join the football team following the game. Entrance is free but for a burger, fries and drink the price is $4.99 with shakes costing $2.99, and chicken strips, fries and a drink for $5.49.

Current co- leadership adviser and high school secretary, Vicky Belmont provides insight on the venue change.

“We are going to Farmer Boys because we wanted to try something different, and Mrs. Loughney [mother of Adam Loughney, ’14] was the go-between with us and Farmer Boys,” Belmont said. “We are hoping to get a bigger turnout because there is a variety of different things that you can get, with special prices just for us.”

Fifth Quarter serves as a way for students to socialize with one another as well as the football team. Freshmen football player Julian Castro shares his personal preferences and expresses his thought on the change in location.

“I would rather have it close by, because after the games I like to be able to just walk over,” Castro said. “Even though I have a brother who can drive, I don’t think he will want to pick me up, take me there, and then go back and take me home. So I probably won’t go to this one. But, I think it might be successful with a lot of the students that don’t play football, because they can leave the game early, and buy their own food.”

Sophomore leadership student Allison Breedlove is excited about the change in location but is unsure of the outcome due to the distance.

“I think it’s really cool that we’re going to someplace different, but I think lots of people will have a problem finding a ride there,” Breedlove said. “I don’t think it will be as successful as Me-N-Ed’s, because so many students are just not able to drive themselves there.”

The Feather is interested in your comments and thoughts about this Fifth Quarter both for location and food choice. Please leave your comments below.

For more information, contact leadership advisor, Robert Foshee via email: [email protected].