Football sport shorts: Maricopa

FOOTBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2013
For a preview to the Eagles football season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2013, for dates, times, and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 3-3 overall and 1-1 in the Central Sierra League as of Oct. 14. FC’s next game will be on Oct. 18, as the Eagles play Faith Christian.

FOOTBALL SPORTS SHORTS, 2013
EAGLES WORK TOGETHER, WIN HOME GAME, Oct. 11

The Eagles played the Maricopa Indians at home, Oct. 11. Fresno Christian was coming off of a 49-24 road loss to Kings Christian High School the previous friday, and were looking to bounce back.

The Eagles had a 16-0 lead at halftime and never looked back, eventually winning 48-6, with 26 of those points coming in the fourth quarter.

The Eagles were led by Senior Hunter Bachman, who ran for 116 yards on 13 carries with two touchdowns, while also leading the team defensively, racking up 10 tackles.

Junior quarterback Richard Morrison rushed for 41 yards and two touchdowns of his own, and Adam Khouzam, ’15, added on 34 yards off of four carries with a touchdown of his own.

Morrison, who helped the Eagles pick up their third victory, felt that often times, the team that makes the least amount of mistakes will win, and that that’s what happened friday.

“Our defense did a great job of containing their offense,” Morrison said. “We’ve been working on limiting mistakes, and it really showed against Maricopa.”

Morrison thinks that the Eagles played as a team and showed their ability to work together.

“As I said, our defense was really on top of things,” said Morrison. “and to compliment that, our offense was getting the job done as well. We trusted the guys around us and played with confidence.”

The Eagles will next play the Faith Christian Warriors, Oct. 18.

This writer can be reached via Twitter, @Grossman_Chris.