Fall festivities: Join the discussion

With summer out the door, students are forced to look ahead to the fall season and the festivities it has to offer. Some people enjoy the cooler weather, while others appreciate the fall aroma, and even the obvious fall celebration of Halloween.

Often a day arrives when all students switch to their warmer clothes, awaiting the colder months ahead. After the rain in Fresno, students begin to prepare for the season with fall sports, pumpkin spice lattes and holiday decorations.

The Feather wants to encourage students to submit their opinions about the fall season, whether it be a family memory, seasonal tradition or their favorite aspect of the fall season.

Hobbs Grove and football
Ronnie Peterson, ’19
Nov. 5, 2013

I like the fall because thats when football starts, I like going to the Fresno State games because they are fun to watch and we’re doing really well right now. Our family goes to Hobs Grove every year, we go in the house and the forrest. I love pumpkin squares, ham and mashed potatoes.

Family bake day
Mikayla Messer, ’14
Nov. 5, 2013

I like wearing sweaters, and scarves because I collect them, I just love the clothing. Every year my family and I go to a corn maze, and pumpkin patch. We also have a family bake day, which is really fun because we get to bake yummy food and get to spend time with my family. My favorite fall food is pumpkin pie with whipped cream but it has to be homemade.

Turkey and gravy
Collin Winegarden, ’15
Nov. 4, 2013

I don’t really like fall, winter is my favorite season because its super cold, and you can wear whatever you want and nobody cares. I really like turkey and gravy, I basically drown my turkey in gravy. My favorite tradition is eating so much food on Thanksgiving that I get sick, and then do it again.

Mrs.Fuller’s Turkey
Mick Fuller, Athletic Director
Nov. 4, 2013

I enjoy fall because the weather is finally cooling down, and football season starts. Every year my family and I go to a pumpkin patch out in Reedley and we always host Thanksgiving at out house. Mrs. Fuller also makes the best turkey ever made, I also like pie, with whipped cream.

Honey baked ham
Vickey Belmont, high school secretary
Nov. 1, 2013

I like the crisp chilly mornings, and the color of the trees. My favorite family tradition is lighting the first fire in the fireplace on Oct. 31. My favorite fall food is honey bakes ham.

Change in the weather
Juliana Lozano, ’18
Nov. 1, 2013

I really love the change in the weather because in the summer it gets really hot, but in the fall you can wear sweatshirts, and warm clothing. I also like the leaves and the pretty scenery. Every year during Thanksgiving we go to my great aunts ranch and just spend time with my family. My favorite fall food is pumpkin pie with a lot of whipped cream.

Sweaters and Christmas photos
Ashley Garcia, ’15
Oct. 31, 2013

I love the cold weather, it’s my favorite. I also love all the cute clothes that come out, all the long sleeves and I love wearing sweatshirts and Uggs every single day. My family and I go to the pumpkin patch and take our Christmas pictures there. I love chocolate pie with tons of whipped cream, its the best.

Halloween decorations
Tyler Breedlove, ’16
Oct. 31, 2013

I like fall because of Halloween and the leaves changing colors on the trees. Our family likes to put Halloween decorations up together, and I love turkey and pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Chilli on Halloween
Christian Saylor, ’14
Oct. 31, 2013

I like the cool weather the colors on the trees, and getting to drink a hot drink in the morning. My favorite fall food is pumpkin pie, with whipped cream. My family and I carve pumpkins together, and on Halloween we all eat chili.

Pumpkin spice lattes
Nathaniel Adams, ’17
Oct. 30, 2013

I like fall because it gets cold and I can wear sweatshirts now, and I really like the pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. Every year I look forward to going to the pumpkin patches with my family.

Hot apple cider
Annalise Rosik, ’14
Oct. 30, 2013

I love the fall clothing, because its more comfortable. I also like the fall colors and how the leaves change. Fall has the best foods because of Thanksgiving and hot apple cider.

Pumpkin pie and cool weather
Thomas Friesen, ’17
Oct. 29, 2013

My favorite thing about fall is football, and I like the weather because its not hot anymore. I also enjoy the fall foods like candy corn, and my favorite is pumpkin pie.

Cute clothes
Kelsey Reagan, ’16
Oct. 29, 2013

I love to wear sweaters, and sweatshirts with boots because the weather is finally cool enough. My favorite fall food is pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

The rain and sweatshirts
Breanna Jennings, ’15
Oct. 29, 2013

I like the rain, being cold, and sweatshirts. My family and I don’t really have any traditions but this year we are going to a trunk or treat at my church.

Football season
Zach Jakuz, ’14
Oct. 29, 2013

I love fall because of the weather change and football.

Birthdays and Halloween
Brooklynn Ainley, ’17
Oct. 29, 2013

I like fall because November is my birthday month, and I like all of the pretty fall colors. My family always goes trick or treating together on Halloween, and I love to get the candy.

Turkey and hot cheetoes
Kevin Garcha, ’16
Oct. 29, 2013

My favorite part of fall is the weather, its so peaceful and relaxing. I used to have a tradition of getting pumpkins and carving them, but one year someone smashed them, and I gave up on pumpkins. The only fall food that I like is turkey, and hot cheetos.

Thanksgiving break and family
Austin Insco, ’15
Oct. 29, 2013

I love fall because that means Thanksgiving break is coming and I get out of school, and spend time with relatives. My favorite fall food would have to be pumpkin pie and whipped cream.

Thanksgiving and colors
Amber Wilson, ’17
Oct. 29, 2013

I love the weather because you can wear warm clothes and all the colors are super pretty. My favorite family tradition is Thanksgiving because I get to spend time with my family and eat good food.

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more features, read the Oct. 28 article, Epitome of school spirit celebrated at homecoming game (VIDEO).