Football sport shorts: Riverdale Christian

FOOTBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2013
For a preview to the Eagles football season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2013, for dates, times, and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 5-3 overall and 2-1 in the Central Sierra League as of Oct. 28. FC’s next game will be on Nov. 1, as the Eagles play Northwest Christian.

FOOTBALL SPORTS SHORTS, 2013
EAGLES WIN HOMECOMING GAME WITH EASE, Oct. 25

The Eagles played Riverdale Christian in their annual homecoming game, Oct. 25. With floats, pageantry, and alumni surrounding the field, FC stepped up to the plate, beating the Christ Ambassadors 56-6.

The Eagles crushed in the first two quarters, taking a 50-0 lead at halftime. In the second half, FC cruised, allowing a single touchdown by Riverdale Christian in the third quarter and adding on one of their own in the fourth.

Senior Hunter Bachman had a career night on both sides of the ball, racking up 134 yards of rushing on 10 carries, including four touchdowns, while grabbing five tackles on defense.

“The game (football) is very small in the scope of everything,” Bachman said. “But I think God really uses it for His kingdom. It feels good to have a win, but it means so much more when you have a good week of practice, and when you’re going out and doing it for a different reason and you’re going hard. Not just because the other team is maybe worse than you, but because you’re going hard.

The senior feels that the game was a team effort, with everybody doing their part; just as they should.

“I’ve got to give it to Chris [Kollenkark],” “He needs to know that more. The line, the defensive line, the secondary… Everybody did their part. Everyone built their part of the wall.”

The Eagles rushed for a total of 359 yards; senior Christian Saylor and sophomore Chris Kollenkark both added a touchdown for FC on the ground.

Sophomore Sawyer Bachman brought in a receiving touchdown, as did Levi Browatzke, ’14.

Kollenkark also had eight tackles on defense, Christopher had five.

For more information on Homecoming, see the Oct. 25 articles Homecoming rally prepares for night’s event and BRIEF: FC commences 29th annual homecoming.

This writer can be reached via Twitter @Grossman_Chris.