Worship conference offers spiritual growth, encouragement

Worship team teacher, David Martens, had the pleasure of attending the National Worship Leaders Conferencein California, Oct. 7-9. The conference took place at Ocean Hills Church in San Juan Capistrano, CA.

Those who attended the event had the privilege of attending a number of different sessions and meetings designed to encourage and aid worship leaders in improving the quality of their worship.

Martens has always had a deep passion for worshipping the Lord, and is glad he had the opportunity to attend the conference.

“Worship has been my passion for a very long time,” Martens said. “It had been many years since I had the opportunity to attend a conference that was focused on that topic. I?ve also learned through the years that events like this help motivate and inspire me to continue and improve.”

The conference not only encouraged and aided worship leaders, it showed them new ways in how to look at worship and faith.

“My interests primarily lie in the theology of worship, or the biblical basis of our worship,” Martens said. “I loved a session by Glen Packiam who talked about how worship shapes our believing, and ultimately how we live.”

Martens was introduced to the conference by one of his own worship team leaders, senior Natalie Ruiz.

“I actually heard about the conference from Natalie,” Martens said. “She told me the week before the event that she would be attending with the worship team from her church. I saw her at a number of different general sessions and worship concerts while I was there.”

Ruiz found the experience very enriching and full of great lessons for everyone that attended the conference.

“I attended the worship conference in San Juan Capistrano with my worship team,” Ruiz said. “I thought the conference was a very enriching experience. There were break out sessions, worship services and several speakers and artists that just poured out their knowledge on to us. It wasn?t just a great experience, it was an awesome experience.”

Ruiz’s favorite part about the conference was bonding with the worship team at her church.

“The entire experience was very refreshing,” Ruiz said. “But I think the best part about it was that our team really grew closer to each other. God was just speaking into our lives and reaffirmed to us that he alone is our foundation.”

There were many lessons that could be learned at the conference, but one in particular stood really spoke to Ruiz.

“I learned so much about leading and being a crucial part in the community,” Ruiz said. “The one lesson that stood out to me the most was making our church environment as comfortable as possible for the Holy Spirit to move.”

To learn more about the conference make sure to visit the website.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @RRoggenstein. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.