BRIEF: Small town fair hosts campus band

CaruthersPercussion2
[/media-credit] Seven percussion and 11 color guard participants will march at the parade along with many other local bands.

The 85th annual Caruthers Fair Parade will be held, at 10 a.m Sept. 27. Seven percussion and 11 color guard participants will march at the parade along with many other local bands.

Alumna and percussion leader David Casuga, is looking forward to attending the parade along with his team of students. His quality leadership is whats making his students play good.

“Im expecting this parade to be a learning experience for the students and that they have a good time and have fun at the fair,” Casuga said. “It feels good to be a leader, and it feels rewarding to lead a group I was involved in.”

Color guard teacher Megan Stewart, has been preparing her class since the beginning of the school year.

“My goal is to have them {color guard} do well, smile and be happy,” Stewart said. “I want to use them to look cool and inspire them and spread the message through the school. Theres more girls thats just starting color guard, so it should be a nice unit.”

Summer Villanueba, ’15, is one of the color guard students attending the parade. She is excited for her first parade of the year.

“I expect to see a lot of audience members, but I believe it will be a great turnout for us,” Villanueba said. “Hopefully the rest of the color guard will learn the marching basics and their flag routines.”

For students like Glenn Wang, ’16, its his first time marching in a parade. He is looking forward to this upcoming event.

“Even though it’s tough to march, I expect to finish strong,” Wang said. “It’s hard to play drums while marching, but I think I’ll do fine.”

This writer can be reached via Twitter @mattgarza2017. Follow The Feather on Twitter @thefeather.