BRIEF: Alumni director calls for fundraising help (PODCAST)

Former campus principal of 29 years (1979-2008), Gary Schultz, spearheads a fundraiser call-a-thon in order to raise money for scholarship funds. In order to help raise funds for students in need of tuition assistance. Alumni from every class has agreed to help contact their former classmates, and ask for donations

In previous years, alumni have been contacted to donate money through email, Facebook and letters sent. As a result, over the past five years, there has been a steady increase of gifts and alumni participating each year.

The goal this year is to raise the bar higher and be able to increase the amount of money given than ever before. Current Director of Alumni Relations, Schultz expresses his desire for any student who wants to attend FC.

“For five years now we’ve been doing the alumni fundraiser to raise money for scholarships for needy students. Each year we’ve gotten more alumni and more gifts,” Schutlz said. “But this year I want to go huge. I want to get the most alumni to participate, and I want to get the most money in.”

As a change of strategy, Schultz has decided to call, instead of send, indirect messages to them. With help form one alumni from each class, Schultz plans to begin the fundraiser within the next week.

“We will be calling the classes of 1982 all the way to 2013, each class has anywhere from 40 to 60 students, so we will be calling around 1500 students,” Schultz said. “We are hopefully going to start in November, and there will be no deadline; the effort will go on for the rest of the year.”

Schultz explains his passion for his job as Director of Alumni Relations.

“I enjoyed my job as principal, and I did not want to leave it, but for health reasons, I couldn’t continue,” Schultz said. “I wanted a job that was similar, and now I’m working with the same students; they are just older. I also enjoy it because, since I am working with the same students, I have got to see how they have grown up and matured throughout the years.”

(PODCAST) FC Alumni Fundraiser: Nov. 7, 2013–

For more information on the call-a-thon, email Gary Schultz and/or call him: 559.304.1238 or 559.299.1695, ext. 108.

For more information, read Papa Day celebrates principal’s contributions.

These writers can be reached via Twitter: @_sarapeterson and @gaby_siqueiros. Follow the Feather via Twitter: @thefeather