Welcome Back (VIDEO)

A new year. A new semester. A time for school. A time to welcome new seasons and lessons. For most, the first day back is a drag merely because of the early start to the day.

The obnoxious ringing of the alarm that had been foreign for three weeks becomes an unfortunate reality. Late nights, homework and responsibility is the usual second semester. It may be hard to be excited about school but there is nothing like seeing your friends and enjoying community with fellow students.

As agonizing as it may be to pry out of bed and self motivate, it is crunch time. Time to get to work and enjoy the remaining few months. Although it is a bit rocky and rough getting back into the groove, teachers and students alike rejoice in the nearing end to the year.

There are several events to look forward that rest in the short time remaining. Few include Powderpuff, Night of the Stars (NOTS) and Senior Trip. These events encourage the student body to see through the extent of the semester.

Powderpuff, where girls play football and boys cheer, is an awesome way for each class to come together and join in to support one another.

NOTS is the annual formal event for the school and highlight of the year, Feb. 15. Each class films a short movie to present at the formal, then an award is given in honor of various accomplishments.

Senior Trip is the last hurrah for the graduates of 2014. They embark on a journey and enjoy the company of one another in the last days of the school year. All these wonderful events lead up to the final day of school.

Regardless of the uncomfortable start to second semester, there is always something to look forward to.

The Welcome Video was created by Jared Franz. For more Feather videos, please visit the