BRIEF: ‘Winter Wonderland’ announced as NOTS theme

In preparation for FC’s annual formal event student leadership has begun planning as the date draws ever nearer to Night of the Stars (NOTS), Feb. 15 at The Grand 1401 Fulton in downtown Fresno. This year the leadership class has gone with the theme “Winter Wonderland” where they will make the night as snowy, woodsy and wintery as possible.

Unlike typical formals where students are expected to dance, FC takes a different approach by having each class create a movie to be shown the night of. Along with the viewing of the movies, awards such as Best Film and Best Actor are given out afterwards to acknowledge the accomplishments of the classes.

The night also offers a dinner, drink station and photo opp for students to partake in. Details for NOTS are still being sorted out as student leadership continues to plan to give the student body a great night.

Leadership Advisor, Vicky Belmont, is excited to see the finished product of NOTS. This is Belmont’s first year planning with the leadership class but understands the enormity of work that needs to be done.

“I’m really excited to be a big part of the planning this year and see what the final product is going to look like,” Belmont said. “This is my first year with the leadership class planning the event so it’s definitely a lot of work but I knew what I would be coming into. I think it’s going to be a great night, and I can’t wait for everyone to experience it.”

For some students this NOTS will be there last. Senior Lucas Lopez looks forward to spending time with friends and seeing the class movies. Lopez also looks forward to seeing how the theme will be incorporated throughout the night.

“I’m looking forward to the movies most this year,” Lopez said. “I love seeing the creativity of each class and how their movie will come out. I personally like the theme, it’s not too different but not too familiar. Overall I think the theme will be very appealing.”

Leadership student, Ashley Garcia believes the night will run smoothly and be enjoyable for all. She’s happy with the planning leadership has done so far and looks forward to seeing everything come together.

“I’m really excited about NOTS this year,” Garcia said. “I think leadership is doing a great job planning to make a fun night for everybody. The planning is fun but can get a little stressful but being a part of everything the night of makes it worth it.”

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @viv_hinojosa. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.