Excitement of Winter Wonderland: Join the discussion (UPDATES DAILY; VIDEO)

Each year during the months of January and February, with Night of the Stars (NOTS) just around the corner, boys begin the exciting and stressful task of asking girls to NOTS. The event serves as the only formal occasion held for FC students, allowing people to take dates as well as going in a group.

NOTS is an annual event that Student Leadership plans, and encourages all FC high school students to partake in. Each class has selected a movie to remake, that will be watched the night of NOTS. The night will consist of a dinner, showing of class movies and an award show. During the night there will be a drink bar and photo opp offered.

With ever changing themes, Winter Wonderland has been chosen by student leadership as the NOTS theme this year. The event will take place at The Grand 1401, on the 10th floor, starting at 6:00 pm, with professional photos by Milne Photography at 5:30 p.m., Feb. 15.

This year early bird tickets will be sold for $55, Jan, 13-24, and regular priced tickets will be sold for $60, Jan. 27 through Feb 14.

The Feather wants to encourage students to submit their opinions about what they are excited for about NOTS, whether it be getting asked, watching the class movies or or just a good time with friends.

Soccer Game Dilemma
Zach Smith, ’15
January 31, 2014

I am not going to NOTS this year because I’m going to watch a soccer game with my brother that day. We’re going to watch LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes at Chukchansi Park. If I were going to NOTS I think I would look forward to seeing all the movies that the classes made.

Basketball Game Surprise
Kelsey Reagan, ’16
January 31, 2014

THis year I got asked by Tyler Breedlove, after the JV basketball game he came out with some flowers and asked me. I kind of suspected he might ask me, but I didn’t know when. Im really looking forward to getting all dressed up and hanging out with all my friends that are going.

World’s Finest Night
Hannah Nale, ’17
January 31, 2014

I got asked by Dawson Triplett this year, he came into my english class and handed me a chocolate bar that he mad himself. It said ‘Will you go to NOTS with me?’ and it had the date on it. On the front it said ‘Worlds Finest Night’ instead of Worlds finest chocolate. It was really great. Im looking forward to all the movies that they are going to be showing.

Flying to NOTS
Katie Uribe, ’14
January 30, 2014

I was asked by Bobby. He took me on his dads airplane, and we flew over their property. Then his dad told us to look out of the right window, then he said to look out of the right window and Bobby had NOTS mowed into their lawn. Since it is my last year going to NOTS I’m looking forward to everything.

A Formal Ballad
Collin WInegarden, ’15
January 30, 2014

This year I asked someone from a different school her name is Cierra Hamilton. I wanted to do something different to ask her, so i wrote her a song. This year I’m looking forward to the movies, because I think they are going to be really funny.

Freshmen English Hideout
Jimmy Chang, ’14
January 30, 2014

I asked Sarah Lim, Annaleah took her to a building 5 to make some copies for Mr. Stobbe. While she was gone I had Mr. Stobbe and his fourth period freshmen english class hold up a sign and I hid in the middle of them. Then when Sarah came back in the classroom, I came out with flowers. I’m excited for the limo and hanging out with friends.

Beautiful Gowns
Sydney Belmont, ’17
January 29, 2014

I was asked by Taylor Crowger, he asked me at the first home varsity basketball game. He brought me a teddy bear and a rose and asked me in front of my friends. I am really excited to dress up, and see all the other pretty dresses.

Post-it Note Craze
Chris Grossman, ’15
January 29, 2014

I asked Elora Hargis to NOTS this year by decorating her car with tons of post it notes, and on the windshield NOTS was written on it. I drove it into the quad during eighth period so that she would see it when she walked out after school. I’m really excited for everything about NOTS, I know it’s going to be a blast!

Surprise, Surprise
Natalie Ruiz, ’14
January 29, 2014

I was asked by Kyle Hudecek this year, he basically came up to me when I was on my way the the gym first period, he came out of nowhere with Nyberg and some roses. I’m really looking forward to being with my friends, and it’s my first and last time going so I’m excited to see what it’s all about.

Picture Perfect NOTS Date
Jon Ago, ’14
January 28, 2014

I asked Rayna Endicott, Robbie Hill (Robbie asked Viviana) and I asked at the same time. We had a friend take a photo of Robbie and I with the signs and flowers. Then we had Rayna and Viviana pulled out of class to “help” us with a project. We had them take a photo of us, and then we said that we had to go upstairs and get Chris Grossman. While we were gone, Lucas Lopez took a photo of Rayna and Viviana, and when they looked at the picture, he pulled up the photo of Robbie and I, then we came out with a sign and flowers.

Six Flags over NOTS
Rhyann Crain, ’15
January 28, 2014

I am not going to NOTS this year. Although I have gone to NOTS in previous years but I decided I would rather go to six flags with my boyfriend. I enjoyed NOTS, but I do not like to take the time to get dressed up, and I was not a fan of the food.

A Stress Free Night
Jordan Castro, ’15
January 28, 2014

I asked Ivette Ibarra. I got a couple of volunteers, and I duct taped the letters that spell out her name to them. Later when she came out to I had a sign and flowers for her. I thought that it would be cool to spell out her name, so I did that. I’m excited to go to NOTS because it is a lot of fun, and its not very stressful event.

Starbucks Reveals NOTS Night
Jarrod Markarian, ’17
January 27, 2014

Last week I asked Kristina Muniz. I got her a Starbucks and had a sign that you pull apart, and it said, ‘NOTS 2014’ on it. I didn’t really know how to ask her. Later I asked my mom and she came up with the idea. I’m really excited for the class movies and hanging out with friends.

Birthday Wish
Claire Kollenkark, ’16
January 27, 2014

I got asked by Philip Christopher this year, he asked me during halftime at the varsity basketball game. Robbie Hill came out and asked everyone to sing ‘happy birthday’ to him, afterwards he asked if he got all that he wanted for his birthday this year. He responded and said, “it’s been really good, but it’d be great if Claire Kollenkark went to NOTS with me.” I am looking forward to getting all dressed up and going with my friends in a limo, plus my date is pretty nice too.

Mission Made Possible
Jarred Franz, ’14
January 27, 2014

I asked Hannah Avila to NOTS this year, I asked her through a mission impossible video at chapel. I got the idea from my sister who asked someone to Sadies, so I took the idea and made it better. I am looking forward to having fun and hanging out with friends.

Lucky Ducks
Jason Swain, ’15
January 24, 2014

I asked Callista Fries, I filled her locker with a whole bunch of Mr. Fenton’s ducks and when she opened it they all fell out and I came out holding flowers and a sign that said, “I’d be a lucky duck to go to NOTS with you”. I’m looking forward to seeing the class movies and all they hard work everyone put into making them.

All eyes on you
Mikayla Miller, ’15
January 24, 2014

I got asked by Bailey Brogan at the rally today, he got three soccer players to hold up signs and he was right behind the with some flowers. I was completely surprised and embarrassed, however I am excited about getting to be with my friends on the night of, and laughing laughing at all the silly stuff that happens in the movies.

A Spanish Rendezuous
Adam Loughney, ’14
January 23, 2014

I asked Aliciana Quintana in our Spanish class, I brought her flowers and asked her in front of the class, and she said yes. I am excited because this is my senior year and its my last time going to NOTS, and because this is my first year bringing someone from FC as my date.

Spelling it Out
Timothy Nyberg, ’16
January 23, 2014

I asked Alli Breedlove. I had the cheer team hold up signs that spelled out her name, and on the back of the signs it spelled out NOTS. Then i walked out with a question mark, and some flowers. I’m excited for NOTS this year because this is my first time in leadership and I really like the theme this year.

A Sweet Surprise
Brooklynn Ainley, ’17
January 23, 2014

This is my first year going to NOTS, and I was asked by Matthew Tanaka. He asked me at the first basketball home game in the stands; he gave me a box of cupcakes. When I opened the box it said, ‘It would be sweet if you went to NOTS with me’ and each cupcake had a letter on it that spelled out NOTS. I am excited for NOTS because I am a freshman, and this is my first year going.

Caught by Surprise
Ashley Garcia, ’15
January 22, 2014

This year I was asked to NOTS by Aaron Dewolf. I was coming down the stairs from english, and he tossed me a softball and it said ‘It’d be a steal if I could catch a date with you to NOTS’. I didn’t really know he was going to ask me, but I am excited that he did ask me.

One Direction to NOTS
Morgan Miller, ’16
January 22, 2014

Sam Beyelia asked me to NOTS on Tuesday. I was at my locker and Sam walked up to me with flowers, a One Direction bag and a stuffed elephant and asked me to NOTS, of course I said yes. I’m really excited to go to NOTS this year, I’m looking forward to watching all the class movies and I don’t really know what our movie is about this year so it is going to be a surprise.

Class Movies
Justin Porter, ’15
January 22, 2014

I asked Kathryn Damschen. I pretended to be the principle because I play the principle in our NOTS movie, and had her called down to the office. When she walked into the office I asked her to NOTS and she said yes. I’m excited to go to NOTS because I want to see our class movie, its going to be awesome.

In or Out
Jacob Bynum, ’17
January 22, 2014

This year I asked Chloe Mueller to NOTS. I brought her In n Out, and I had a sign that said ‘Are you in or out on going to NOTS with me?’ Since this is my first time going to NOTS I don’t really know what to expect, but I am excited for the food, and the junior and senior movies.

These writers can be reached via Twitter: @_sarapeterson and @gaby_siqueiros. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more features, read the Jan. 22 article, Harvard political philosopher presents morality in economics.