Junior class reinvents classic film, bond

With the upcoming formal, Night of the Stars (NOTS), anxiety is running high this time of year. Girls wait ambitiously, to see which boy will ask them to be their date, while boys nervously deal with an inner battle of which beautiful girl to take.

To add to the angst that comes with formal, another thing added to the list of duties to try to make this night unforgettable, is the movie that each class is supposed to produce. With past years successes and experience behind them, the juniors plan to put forth an award winning movie.

After remaking an episode from the hit TV series, The Big Bang Theory, the juniors have tried to step up their game. The class of 2015 has set high standards for themselves, and are confident with their film choice, Ferris Buellers Day Off. The class has numerous people helping with the production of the film.

Justin Porter, ’15, has participated with the making of movies for his class every year. His talent with computer editing and filming has been a contribution to the movies of the class. Porter plays the role of Principal Ed Rooney in their remake film.

“I thoroughly enjoy making NOTS movies,” Porter said. “Filming and editing can be stressful at times. Making a movies is never easy, we have to work around the schedule of the actors and actresses, go to different places to film but overall its a lot of fun.”

Kathryn Damschen, ’15, plays the role of Jeanie Bueller. This is her first time participating in the NOTS film, and has had a great experience thus far.

“I enjoy working with the cast,” Damschen said. “The chemistry that we all have together flows extremely well in ways that we are all able to achieve the things that we need to. All of our characters fit their roles to-a-T, creating the perfect cast. I look forward to seeing the rest of the movies, although I am positive that our class is going to win.”

Not only does Porter enjoy the making of the movie but he also sees the process as a great way to bond with his fellow classmates and possibly make new friends.

“All of us who are involved have bonded a lot,” Porter said. “Its always fun to get to know people better within your class.”

Collin Winegarden, ’15, recalls winning many awards last year, but has high hopes of winning even more awards this year, therefore beginning a legacy in film-making at FC.

“I acted in last years movie, The Big Bang Theory and it was a lot of fun,” Winegarden said. “The turnout that we’ve had with the number of people helping out is great, and it takes a lot of pressure off of a lot of us. Im playing the secretary. It will be a change of character from last year, due to the fact that I’m playing a women so it should be interesting.”

Night of the Stars is, Feb. 15, for more information on NOTS, read the article Excitement of Winter Wonderland: Join the Discussion

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @Ivettedibarra. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more features, read the Jan. 29 article, WSL meeting puts aside rivalries, bonds students.