Class of ’15 begins first year of NOTS filming

nots roy2
[/media-credit] This year for Night of the Stars (NOTS), Feb. 15, the freshman are creating reenactments of different commercials. Robert Foshee, adviser the of Student Leadership class, has let the class do commercials because they have never experienced making a movie before.
This year for Night of the Stars (NOTS), Feb. 15, the freshman are creating reenactments of different commercials. Robert Foshee, adviser the of Student Leadership class, has let the class do commercials because they have never experienced making a movie before.

The people in charge of putting all this together are the freshman students in student leadership. Some of the commercials are Squat-o-Matic, Let Jesus Decide and Nature Walk.

Jarrod Markarian, ’17, is a representative of the leadership class for the freshmen and is also one of the students in charge of putting the commercials all together. Markarian is excited to be apart of NOTS this year and to be apart of the filming process.

“The commercials we have already filmed are pretty funny,” Markarian said. “I think the student body will get a good laugh out of all the silly freshman.”

The freshman students have chosen characters, commercials and settings. All the commercials are similar to their originals. All the commercials are a comedy theme. The cast hopes to make everyone laugh and enjoy the production.

Most of the people in the freshman class are excited about NOTS. Since they have never been they do not know what it is like. The rest of the high school student body is helping out with the building of their excitement.

One of the students getting ready for NOTS is Jacob Bynum, ’17, one of the freshmen. Bynum is looking forward to hilarious moments during our filming and watching of the commercials.

“One of the commercials I’d like to do is film a lotion commercial, it’d be really funny,” Bynum said. “I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of the classes movies and watching their expressions when they watch our awesome commercials.”

Many of the commercials are being filmed at the school. Those of the freshman class that decide to show up have gathered every weekend. The class is said to be working well together for this years first NOTS film.
&%picture2placement%&
Filming the commercials has taken about a month. The staff or filming and editing has taken a part of their own time to product this, all students have worked hard and has put in time. The commercials will be fun and exciting to watch the night of.

Natalia Torres, ’17, a freshman student involved in Night of the Stars, is expecting big things out of the freshman. She hopes to see more people at the meeting and participating.

“I’m hoping that the people involved focus on what they are doing and put effort into it,” Torres said. “I’m sure that everything will turn out perfectly and be a great film that we can look back on and laugh.”

Foshee is enthusiastic about this year freshmen NOTS film. His expectations for the freshmen film is not very high because its their first year making a film but he knows they are trying their best.

“The best things about the freshmen film is to see them get started,” Foshee said. “They have fun together and its neat to to see their progression from freshmen to senior and to see their improvement.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather, Instagram @thefeatheronline and Facebook @thefeatheronline.This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sbbelmont98.

For more features read the Feb. 6 article, Reeves recollects internment camp experiences.