Fall leaders elected

As the year-end preparation begins, a new leadership team and new ideas have already surfaced.

The student body voted on candidates who ran for Associated Student Body (ASB) positions on May 8.

Some students on campus thought the competition for president would be very close and they could not predict who was going to win.

“John and Adam are both really cool guys I couldn’t tell who was going to win,” Michelle Smith, ’04, said. “At lunch we were talking about who everyone voted for and it seemed as if it was going to be really close. In the end Adam [Leslie, ’04] won. I think he will do a really good job next year.”

Leslie is looking forward to next year with high hopes and expectations for what he calls “a transition year.”

“Next year is going to be transition year with many changes because Coach [Christopher Schultz] will be gone and the class will be smaller than it was this year,” Leslie said. “I think we will have a good team and make many positive things happen.”

Leslie became somewhat embarrassed as a result of errors in his speech and overall felt as if the seriousness was not showing his true personality.

“I was told that I had to be serious although I am not a very serious person. I tried my best in my speech,” Leslie said. “During the speech I was talking about how next year will be a transition period but I accidentally said transmission period.”

Other members of the ASB are looking forward to next year with high hopes.

“I am really looking forward to next year,” Carson Belmont, ’05, next year’s vice president, said. “I think that we so far have a great ASB team. I am used to just being in regular student leadership and am very excited about taking the next step in being more of a leader and servant to the student body.”

Micah Walker, ’05, next year’s treasurer, is also looking forward to next year and thinking of ways to fill the shoes of the leaders before him.

?The last couple of years the treasurers have done a great job,” Walker said. “I think next year is going to be a really great year and I look forward to serving the student body.”

Schultz believes these student leaders will do a good job in representing the student body.

“Adam is a guy that gets things done and he is laid back,” Schultz, student activities director, said. “Carson and Micah are great examples of servant leaders.”” “Greg Stobbe” “With a speech concentrating on serving students, Adam Leslie, ’04, convinced a majority to elect him student body president for the 2003/04 school year on May 8. Leslie has been a campus student since kindergarten making him one of a dozen or so in line to finish all 13 years at one school.” “Greg Stobbe” “With over 90% of the school voting on May 8, Adam Leslie, ’04, was voted student body president, Carson Belmont ’05, as vice president and Micah Walker, ’05, as treasurer. Here Scott Falk, bible teacher, left, hands out election ballots to juniors including Isaac Razzo.” “